• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Caved in and bought the Nitro+ SE :)
https://imgur.com/a/9HsW6ng

What is a good undervolt to aim for, and fan fan settings?
I'm looking to keep the temps and fan noise down without losing too much performance (I know about the silent bios option).
Thanks!

Edit: couldn't get the img to work :(
Very nice! I'm looking forward to my anniversary card coming! what did you upgrade from and how are you finding the drivers?

I find this youtube channel quite useful - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUbpIuywUrk

I think I'm going to keep stock clocks and just bring my voltage down 0.25MV and test whilst also upping the power slider. looks like Navi is a very efficient chip when you're not pumping volts through it trying to run 2+GHZ

Associate
Very nice! I'm looking forward to my anniversary card coming! what did you upgrade from and how are you finding the drivers?

I find this youtube channel quite useful - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUbpIuywUrk

I think I'm going to keep stock clocks and just bring my voltage down 0.25MV and test whilst also upping the power slider. looks like Navi is a very efficient chip when you're not pumping volts through it trying to run 2+GHZ

Vega 64, it seems a lot cooler so far (but ive barely begun testing- upgraded a few things so fresh windows install. https://uk.************.com/user/InVitriol/saved/#view=7hwVcf).

I'm still trying to find my way round Adrenaline 20. I hated 19, had lots of problems with the fan curve and random large jumps in fan speed. Stock seems great on this card, but if there's any optimizations i'd like to try them ;)

I'll check that out thanks.

Associate
Yeah, fan settings are awful for me. When you go into advanced tuning options for fans and it disables the zero rpm mode, often it doesn't!
I'm setting a default 15% curve permanently on via Argus monitor to save on the loud spin up noise you get when the fans usally kick in at 60 degrees and this often fails to implement on startup.
I've done the usual things of disabling fast boot etc, but for now I usually have to make a change to the fan settings to get it back to what I want.

Associate
Yeah, fan settings are awful for me. When you go into advanced tuning options for fans and it disables the zero rpm mode, often it doesn't!
I'm setting a default 15% curve permanently on via Argus monitor to save on the loud spin up noise you get when the fans usally kick in at 60 degrees and this often fails to implement on startup.
I've done the usual things of disabling fast boot etc, but for now I usually have to make a change to the fan settings to get it back to what I want.

I don't even have an option to turn off zero rpm mode!
I have the same problem wattman settings won't stick. Every time I start up the fans aren't spinning till it hits 60. I've them set to always spin low and gradually ramp up for the same reason. Also have fast boot disabled.
Perhaps I should try Speedfan as a free option? I've heard it doesn't play nice with quite a few others.

Oh and i'm still using 850w with a junction tempo of 806c. And I thought my Vega was hot and power-hungry! lol

Associate
Junction temperature recording seems to have been fixed for me in the latest 201.3 release. Like you I was getting over 800 degrees previously accouding to AMD!
Couldn't get Speedfan to work satisfactorily for me and I wanted somthing that was fairly easy to work with for a number of settings so got a trial version of Argus Monitor and stuck with it for all of my fan control.

Associate
https://imgur.com/AHqTnBr

Paid about £410+/- for it. It came with a nice goodie bag too

20.1.2 didnt work well with it due to the fan speed controllers not working and it stays in silent mode until 50 degrees and the fan speed goes to 60%, temps drop below 40 degress and it goes to silent mode again.

20.1.3 works perfect though, i can set the correct fan speed profiles and Maxed out Core Frequency % and Mhz to 1900
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/43463922?

Junction temp caps at 82+/- degrees. Gpu temp is lower.

Runs pretty well on 1440p 165Hz for most games, have to drop settings here and there though.

The only thing is that it usually crashes once when starting a game. It's not even a bsod, it just black screens and nothing responds but audio somehow still plays and does not freeze up, discord and voice still works. It's like a warmup crash or something as it works perfectly after that one crash.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm on 20.1.3. Fresh install of windows, internet off so I could install the drivers I downloaded direct, including latest AMD chipset. As far as I know there's nothing I could have done better.
Before Adrenaline 19 I didn't have issues. Even Gamers Nexus have done a video on this recently.

Associate
Finally got my 5700 XT AE!
jnoF1J7.jpg

Still messing with clocks for now. Does anyones Memory speed fluctuate? mine does considerably which causes the games to stutter, I've used DDU and tried 20.1.3 & 20.1.4 drivers and it's not doing anything! real shame because when it works and holds it's clock speed it performs really well but can't be doing with these memory fluctuations.... I'll give it till Wednesday when I'm next off work and I'll be returning it if I don't see an improvement

Soldato
I've only had a couple black screens, typically when alt+tabbing.

Just curious, does WIN+CTRL+SHIFT+B solve it? It's a command to restart GFX drivers, if I get another black screen I'll give it a go. But saw it mentioned it can help to get the gfx card responding again after a black screen event.

Associate
I've only had a couple black screens, typically when alt+tabbing.

Just curious, does WIN+CTRL+SHIFT+B solve it? It's a command to restart GFX drivers, if I get another black screen I'll give it a go. But saw it mentioned it can help to get the gfx card responding again after a black screen event.

I've took it out my PC decided I'm going to return it, it's only in Stoke where I bought it from less than an hour drive. I've had 2 crash to Desktops and games stuttering which I haven't had with an Nvidia card. going to see if I can snag a cheap 1080/Ti

Soldato
I've took it out my PC decided I'm going to return it, it's only in Stoke where I bought it from less than an hour drive. I've had 2 crash to Desktops and games stuttering which I haven't had with an Nvidia card. going to see if I can snag a cheap 1080/Ti

Fair enough, can't blame you tbh! I too should have stuck with NVIDIA just solely for Gsync, didn't think I'd miss it as much as I have.

Associate
Fair enough, can't blame you tbh! I too should have stuck with NVIDIA just solely for Gsync, didn't think I'd miss it as much as I have.
it's a shame because when it works it's matching a 1080 Ti which I can verify as I've had several in the past but when it's not working it's horrific - I find the performance inconsistent if I'm honest which I don't like. it also sucks because Ampere is less than 6 months away which normally I'd wait but there's a few good games coming out soon which I want to play on release ( Doom and RE3 ) hence why I'll snag a cheat Ti up :D

Associate
it's a shame because when it works it's matching a 1080 Ti which I can verify as I've had several in the past but when it's not working it's horrific - I find the performance inconsistent if I'm honest which I don't like. it also sucks because Ampere is less than 6 months away which normally I'd wait but there's a few good games coming out soon which I want to play on release ( Doom and RE3 ) hence why I'll snag a cheat Ti up :D
Seen a lot of problems on here down to bad DP cables, and not having 2 separate power cables going in.
However the drivers are certainly buggy, though i've had no crashes at all so far (and didn't with my Vega 64 either), just fan and profile problems.

Associate

Ive just bought one of these, please tell me im not going to regret it :confused:

Associate
Ive just bought one of these, please tell me im not going to regret it :confused:

I don't regret mine. Just she gets very hot if you don't have a good air flow and don't know how to under volt like me lol,

I do seem to have issues with my ports at the back of card, no matter what 3x DP port I use just a slight nudge and screen goes with the generic windows plugged/unplugged tune, but I learn to live with that lol. She's some card for the price per performance mind you.

Associate
I don't regret mine. Just she gets very hot if you don't have a good air flow and don't know how to under volt like me lol,

I do seem to have issues with my ports at the back of card, no matter what 3x DP port I use just a slight nudge and screen goes with the generic windows plugged/unplugged tune, but I learn to live with that lol. She's some card for the price per performance mind you.

The price is what made me jump, my vega56 is slightly out of its league at 1440p (thats me justifying the purchase) i was going to wait for big Navi, but chances are they are going to be well in excess of £500. ive had a blower style vega64 which was horrendously loud at 1440p but i believe these new navi cards are a fair bit quieter.

Associate
The price is what made me jump, my vega56 is slightly out of its league at 1440p (thats me justifying the purchase) i was going to wait for big Navi, but chances are they are going to be well in excess of £500. ive had a blower style vega64 which was horrendously loud at 1440p but i believe these new navi cards are a fair bit quieter.

I may end up selling mine and then making up the price for the big navi.

Make sure you set up fan curve in wattman, and saving a profile, also let me know if 20. 1.4 works for you, I'm still using 19.12.1 until the acknowledged black screen issues are fixed. My version is the powercolor twin fan 5700XT

Back
Top Bottom