• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Mobster
Soldato
But your assumption is that 100% of the rest must use a monitor with their PC and it must not be in the living room, and they must use a TV with their console and it must be in the living room.

Seems like I'm the one saying people have options, and you're the one saying, "No, people must conform to what I believe is normal!"

Let's just go back a bit, you said "It's weird that people have this idea that a console must be in the living room connected to a TV, and a PC must be on a desk connected to a monitor."

Its not weird, its the norm. You are an exception to the rule, I'm giving you the fact that a few people do it, but its a tiny fraction. I'm not sure how you can keep arguing it.

Associate
It's the opposite for me, all my mates use their consoles on monitors for the better input lag and response times on games like cod. Most of them don't even own TVs.
I use my TV only with my PC, I don't own any consoles as I'm not a fan of paid online, expensive games and don't even watch cable TV. I don't think many people my age do (25).

Caporegime
Let's just go back a bit, you said "It's weird that people have this idea that a console must be in the living room connected to a TV, and a PC must be on a desk connected to a monitor."

Its not weird, its the norm. You are an exception to the rule, I'm giving you the fact that a few people do it, but its a tiny fraction. I'm not sure how you can keep arguing it.
Well take a look at all the people in this thread who in the last couple pages have said they use their console with a monitor or PC+TV.

The fact that you're stuck in the 90s and can't see any use for a console besides in the living room under the TV, well that just means you're inflexible. Or that a PC should always be hooked up to a monitor.

Anyway this whole discussion started because @chaparral said "Who is honestly going to replace their PC [on their desk] with a console?" Which I found to be an odd question. There's absolutely no need to throw your PC in a skip, even if people do make the switch from PC gaming to console gaming, and the question doesn't really make much sense.

My desk is easily capable of accommodating both a miniATX PC case and a PS4. And my monitor is happy with both plugged in at the same time.

Soldato
Well take a look at all the people in this thread who in the last couple pages have said they use their console with a monitor or PC+TV.

The fact that you're stuck in the 90s and can't see any use for a console besides in the living room under the TV, well that just means you're inflexible. Or that a PC should always be hooked up to a monitor.

Anyway this whole discussion started because @chaparral said "Who is honestly going to replace their PC [on their desk] with a console?" Which I found to be an odd question. There's absolutely no need to throw your PC in a skip, even if people do make the switch from PC gaming to console gaming, and the question doesn't really make much sense.

My desk is easily capable of accommodating both a miniATX PC case and a PS4. And my monitor is happy with both plugged in at the same time.

There are plenty people who have a desk with a monitor and a console connected instead of a PC. Sometimes you live in a house with other people and can't hog the TV in the lounge for 8 hours a day so a gaming system in your room makes sense and if you don't have space for a couch and tv in your room then a desk and monitor plus consoles is a cheaper option than a pc to get the job done.

the point is that the gaming world is more flexible than ever

those who say that desk and monitor is only for pc gaming and tv is only for consoles are living in the past, they are just the boomers of the gaming world unwilling to move on with the times

Mobster
Soldato

Exactly, a tiny minority, and that will continue away from this forum too.

No-one is saying you cant do what you do, you said it was weird people dont. It's not weird, its the norm.

I don't care anymore if you dont like it. I dont give a **** about your feelings.

Mobster
Soldato
There are plenty people who have a desk with a monitor and a console connected instead of a PC. Sometimes you live in a house with other people and can't hog the TV in the lounge for 8 hours a day so a gaming system in your room makes sense and if you don't have space for a couch and tv in your room then a desk and monitor plus consoles is a cheaper option than a pc to get the job done.

the point is that the gaming world is more flexible than ever

those who say that desk and monitor is only for pc gaming and tv is only for consoles are living in the past, they are just the boomers of the gaming world unwilling to move on with the times

No-one said that a desk and monitor is only for pc gaming and a tv is only for consoles. We are arguing wither that's weird, its not. that's the argument.

I couldnt care less about your abuse either, I'm factually correct, you're opinion is not.

Soldato
No-one said that a desk and monitor is only for pc gaming and a tv is only for consoles. We are arguing wither that's weird, its not. that's the argument.

I couldnt care less about your abuse either, I'm factually correct, you're opinion is not.

You are the only one who sounds weird though

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom