Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Indeed, when Trump ran for president, he described his vision of the wall: It would be 1,000 miles long, made of precast concrete slabs, rising 35 to 40 feet in the air. “It’s going to be a high wall, it’s going to be beautiful,” he insisted in 2016, saying it would be “so easy” to get Mexico to fund it.
So 1,000 miles long, a big beautiful wall and Mexico will pay for it ("so easy").
It's not 'build that wall' anymore, it's, 'Continue building that wall,'" he said. "Because we're building it. Donald Trump, July 2018.
One thing that I do have to say is: Tremendous amounts of wall have already been built, and a lot of — a lot of wall. When you include the renovation of existing fences and walls, we've renovated a tremendous amount and we've done a lot of work. In San Diego, we're building new walls right now. And we've — right next to San Diego, we've completed a major section of wall and it's really worked well. Donald Trump, December 2018.
He's continually lied about the stages of construction.
Our goal at the end of 2020 was 450 miles,” Mark Morgan, acting commission for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, told reporters. December 2019.
Target halved, Mexico still haven't paid for it.
Morgan also said last month that 93 miles of wall had been built during the Trump administration, Reuters reported. December 2019.
One problem with your claim about 93 miles been built....
However, at least 90 miles of that replaced structures that were already standing.
There's still some time left but with only a handful of miles of new wall built, some Republican backlash, court battles, Mexico have not paid for it and it will unlikely meet its 2020 target. A near complete failure. He had almost 2 years controlling all three branches of government.

Soldato
And yet they did because they very specifically warned against it and what damage it could do. The rest is a bunch of hyperbolic nonsense. Removing peoples rights to vote? Ok, looney :D

It would have taken you 10 seconds to google it. That really is lazy and I'm surprised you even need to google it. Its been a big news story for quite a while as now as courts agree over it. This is just one of many news links.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ls-its-second-state-make-cuts-less-than-week/

Caporegime
So 1,000 miles long, a big beautiful wall and Mexico will pay for it ("so easy").

He's continually lied about the stages of construction.

Target halved, Mexico still haven't paid for it.

One problem with your claim about 93 miles been built....

There's still some time left but with only a handful of miles of new wall built, some Republican backlash, court battles, Mexico have not paid for it and it will unlikely meet its 2020 target. A near complete failure. He had almost 2 years controlling all three branches of government.

The simple fact is though he was elected to build a wall (amongst other things) and the Democrats have done everything they can to obstruct and prevent him from doing everything he promised.

The reason Trump stated that Mexico will pay for it is because the Democrats won't give him the funding but when the majority of the public want a better border protection it's the Democrats who will be punished at the ballot box for his failure because it is their fault, it's all well and good obsessing over a statement of Mexico paying for it but all it highlights to most people is that the Democrats won't give him the money to do WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT. Mexico shouldn't HAVE to pay for it. He has done the best he can under unprecedented hostile circumstances.

The Democrats policies are so unpopular that rather than talk about them they have had to resort to Russia collusion conspiracies and attempted coups (kangaroo impeachment) against him.

Last edited:
Permabanned
The simple fact is though he was elected to build a wall (amongst other things) and the Democrats have done everything they can to obstruct and prevent him from doing everything he promised.

The reason Trump stated that Mexico will pay for it is because the Democrats won't give him the funding but when the majority of the public want a better border protection it's the Democrats who will be punished at the ballot box for his failure because it is their fault, it's all well and good obsessing over a statement of Mexico paying for it but all it highlights to most people is that the Democrats won't give him the money to do WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT. Mexico shouldn't HAVE to pay for it. He has done the best he can under unprecedented hostile circumstances.

The Democrats policies are so unpopular that rather than talk about them they have had to resort to Russia collusion conspiracies and attempted coups (kangaroo impeachment) against him.

If the wall could be demonstrated to be in anyway useful and not a big waste of money, maybe he would get funding.

If he wasnt a corrupt liar and didnt rile up/bully/abuse the majority of people he might have done better instead of failing on most of his promises.

Soldato

So it’s the Democrats fault that Trump made a stupid promise that he was never going to be able to keep?

I guess you blame Republicans for how Obamacare turned out and all of Obama’s shortcomings?

“Unprecedented hostile circumstances”. Lol. Have you not heard Mitch McConnellski bragging about how he blocked everything Obama tried?

The midterms also showed the opposite of what you said. Republicans said that Democrats have wanted to impeach Trump since he was elected yet they still flipped the house. A democrat took a republican seat in Alabama of all places. Long-time Republican seats went to Democrats. That doesn’t sound to me like Democrats are unpopular.

The Senate elections will be the interesting ones in November. Trump will win but I think there could be some surprises in the Senate

Caporegime

Why did America vote, with a convincing majority, to have the Democrats in the house in 2018 then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_States_elections

Democrats had 193 seats immediately prior to the November elections, and needed to net at least 25 seats to win a majority in the House of Representatives. In the November elections, Democrats won a net gain of 40 seats. As the elections also saw Democrats fill a couple of vacant seats that had previously been controlled by the party, the Democrats won control of a total of 235 seats, while Republicans won control of at least 199 seats.The net gain of 40 seats represented the Democratic Party's largest gain in the House since the 1974 elections.Democrats won the nationwide popular vote for the House of Representatives by 8.6 percentage points, one of the highest margins won by either party since 1992

If, as the Republicans have been saying, the Dems were vocal about impeaching Trump from his first day in office, does the 2018 elections not perhaps tell you something.....;)

Soldato
He is objectively an awful person on almost any metric...

Pretty much this.

However I would ordinarily just laugh at the Americans for having voted for him, much like they laugh at us for Brexit.

When I started to hate him and actively wish him ill will was when he became POTUS and suddenly all his many failings suddenly do impact me.

Climate, the Middle East, Trade Wars, they all have the potential to impact on me and mine just so a POS like Trump can grift a few more dollars and bully people? No thanks.

Soldato
Pretty much this.

However I would ordinarily just laugh at the Americans for having voted for him, much like they laugh at us for Brexit.

When I started to hate him and actively wish him ill will was when he became POTUS and suddenly all his many failings suddenly do impact me.

Climate, the Middle East, Trade Wars, they all have the potential to impact on me and mine just so a POS like Trump can grift a few more dollars and bully people? No thanks.

This post conclusively proves you need to get help.

Soldato

Here’s something you won’t often here from the environmental movement: Under President Donald Trump, per-capita carbon dioxide emissions are the lowest they’ve been in nearly seven decades.

The Energy Information Administration’s (EIA) latest energy report shows U.S. carbon dioxide emissions are the lowest they’ve been since 1992, and that per-capita emissions are the lowest since 1950.

The U.S. emitted 15.6 metric tons of CO2 per person in 1950. After rising for decades, it’s declined in recent years to 15.8 metric tons per person in 2017, the lowest measured levels in 67 years.

Are you at all mad at China and India?

the Middle East

Dismantled ISIS and wants out.

Trade Wars

Decades of failed leadership had destroyed industry in the US (like the UK), it was a hard hit needed to address this and it seems to be working.

Soldato
It would have taken you 10 seconds to google it. That really is lazy and I'm surprised you even need to google it. Its been a big news story for quite a while as now as courts agree over it. This is just one of many news links.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ls-its-second-state-make-cuts-less-than-week/

“The list of inactive voters is composed of people who did not respond to notices sent to them because they had either filed a change of address form with the US Postal Service, had official election mail returned undeliverable, had moved or died or who have not had contact with the election system for three years,” the secretary of state’s office said in an online description of the removal process.

“Although these people failed to respond to that initial notice, they still remained able to vote normally for two additional election cycles equal to four years, but their registration will be canceled if they fail to respond to the notice mailed to them … or had other contact, such as voting, signing a petition or changing the address on their driver’s license.”

So they want to cut down on voter fraud by REMOVING DEAD PEOPLE FROM THE VOTING REGISTER and ensuring people participate in the system over the best part of a decade, this is your outrage? What about in the UK where you face fines of upto £1000 if you dont respond to the electoral register, would you be equally upset if the USA adopted that? OMG THE REPUBLICIANS ARE TAXING THE POOR TO MAKE SURE THEY CANT VOTE!!

GREAT point though, really nice levels of faux outrage over an administrative body wanting to ensure lists remain accurate over the best part of a decade, LOL, what a joke. OMG THEY R REMOVIN R RITES. Hahaha

Soldato
May as well put this here.

I'm hoping trump stops the New Way Forward Act. That the democrats want to bring in.

Changes to New York’s criminal justice system, including reforming the pre-trial discovery phase caused a witness against the MS-13 gang to be killed.

Well done democrat's. More blood on your hands.
RIP Wilmer Maldonado Rodriguez. Your state\city\democrats let you down.

Associate
May as well put this here.

I'm hoping trump stops the New Way Forward Act. That the democrats want to bring in.

Changes to New York’s criminal justice system, including reforming the pre-trial discovery phase caused a witness against the MS-13 gang to be killed.

Well done democrat's. More blood on your hands.
RIP Wilmer Maldonado Rodriguez. Your state\city\democrats let you down.

Hmm..

"Turns out, the two men facing trial, both of whom have been jailed since 2018, were never told the witnesses’ names and a protective order shielding Rodriguez’s name was never lifted, according to court records.

The Nassau County District Attorney’s Office and defense attorneys agreed in court on Jan. 6, 2020, to keep the victims unnamed, only referring to them as numbers, court records show."

From - https://nypost.com/2020/02/06/state...or-blatantly-lying-about-ms-13-witness-death/

Soldato
Hmm..

"Turns out, the two men facing trial, both of whom have been jailed since 2018, were never told the witnesses’ names and a protective order shielding Rodriguez’s name was never lifted, according to court records.

The Nassau County District Attorney’s Office and defense attorneys agreed in court on Jan. 6, 2020, to keep the victims unnamed, only referring to them as numbers, court records show."

From - https://nypost.com/2020/02/06/state...or-blatantly-lying-about-ms-13-witness-death/

Well the police report will say that's what happened.
I will back the police all day long over a politician.

And what's happening in CA is even worse.
I am glad sanctuary cities\law are banned in FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom