why all the hate for hs2?

Capodecina
Soldato
. . .
I still can't believe BJ is going to sign off on £150bn spend purely in order to save face over the £8bn they have spent and the 10 years pushing for it.
. . .
Why on Earth can you not believe it?

Think about London's "Floral bridge", "New" Routemaster buses and riot control fire engines - the man is an arrogant spoilt brat :rolleyes:

God help Britain and the British people over the next five disastrous years :(

edit: The next stupid idea is a bridge and/or tunnel linking Scotland to Northern Ireland (LINK).

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
Makes a change to see people complaining about a Tory Government spending money....
I don't think that anyone is complaining in this instance about a Tory Government spending money (certainly I am not), what I AM complaining about is ANY Government wasting billions on vanity projects.

Soldato
I saw an interesting view that all that would happen is rich Londoners would buy expensive houses in the nice parts of Manchester, price out the locals, and then use HS2 for a quick commute into London to work, thus actually increasing the London-centric-ness of the country.

Of course, that might not happen given the number and speed of the trains promised is far above what can be delivered.

Caporegime
Spending money is fine, it's where that money is going that's the problem.

With the Tories it's either going right back into their or their mates pockets all the while they promise to help the North out by... purely helping London/South East property speculators and big businesses who hide taxes offshore in British havens. What's the betting that any property/new builds along HS2 gets sold to Chinese/Saudi/Emirati/Qatari speculators though? That would be ******* hilarious wouldn't it.

The Tories are spraying crap all over your faces and its fine because it triggers someone else? Lol, fine by me I suppose, I'm not the one being **** on in the end by this betrayal, didn't Priti Patel describe the opposition as the 'London intelligentsia'... must've felt right good, before literally caressing London's booty afterwards because that's literally what they are.

/little bit of a rant there, felt good tbh, will surely enjoy the next few years of rapid rationalisation of awful policies because 'muh Britishness'.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Makes a change to see people complaining about a Tory Government spending money....

my issue isn’t about them spending money, it’s about ******* it up the wall!

I see they are now doing full feasibility studies on BJs bridge between NI and Scotland. That’s more billions wasted

Caporegime
I saw an interesting view that all that would happen is rich Londoners would buy expensive houses in the nice parts of Manchester, price out the locals, and then use HS2 for a quick commute into London to work, thus actually increasing the London-centric-ness of the country.

Of course, that might not happen given the number and speed of the trains promised is far above what can be delivered.

that’s what happens in York. York is an analomy and only two hours on the train into London already. You should see all the suited businessmen on the first train of the morning. I know lost of villages surrounding York with southerners living there who commute.

Soldato
my issue isn’t about them spending money, it’s about ******* it up the wall!

I see they are now doing full feasibility studies on BJs bridge between NI and Scotland. That’s more billions wasted

Are they gonna put up full border controls at each end, or is boris banking on the fact that everyone will have forgotten about it in 5 years time :rolleyes:

Soldato
And who's coining it in for consultancy fees on the feasibility for boris's latest white elephant?

Don't tell me it's his friends, sorry esteemed businesses associates :D

Soldato
that’s what happens in York. York is an analomy and only two hours on the train into London already. You should see all the suited businessmen on the first train of the morning. I know lost of villages surrounding York with southerners living there who commute.
Won't be long till they're doing it from Rhyl! Only 2h 38min direct to Euston!

Capodecina
Soldato
My issue isn’t about them spending money, it’s about ******* it up the wall!

I gather that the government is now pledging £5bn over the next five years to improve bus and cycling services in England.

I guess that they will soon announce a "Green Initiative" involving planting millions of money trees!

Soldato
BBC pretty much confirming that the whole project will ahead:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51443421
It’s cleverly worded, the southern section will go ahead as planned (probably to late to cancel) the northern section will be reviewed for costs savings ie it will be scaled back bit by bit over the next decade until we just get HS trains running on the existing infra and some paint once again the north gets done over!

The extra 5 billion for buses and bikes is a headline grabbing drop in the ocean that once again doesn’t really do more than reverse previous cuts!

Obviously there will be loads of talk of northern power house and reversing beaching all of which will come to nothing while we all get saddled with the HS2 white elephant that will only be used by the rich.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom