Whit's Yer Hing?

Soldato

Starting off with just a simple 80lb pistol crossbow, to see if it is something I'd like to progress with.

I've only had a try for an hour or so, but the power of even this low level crossbow is addictive. Spent an hour making a good backstop, just need to to get myself an archery target now - the bolts presently go straight through what ever I put in front of them and bury themselves in my backstop.

Soldato
I love The Thing, 1984 version.

Possibly one of my all time favourite films.
Umm
I grow carnivorous plants
And now I’ve the Little Shop of Horrors music stuck in my head. Thanks for that.
Two years ago I randomly decided to learn the bagpipes, coming from a totally none musical background it has been a real challenge, but very rewarding.
Bet your neighbours would disagree with how ‘rewarding’ that is :p

Associate
Re enactment's brilliant, sounds really silly trying to describe it to people (and it is really) but is great fun with the right group.
The best bit is when you and the group all head to the pub for a drink in your full re-enactment gear, you get a great combination of looks from other people in the pub and can occasionally convince a child that time travel is possible.

Permabanned
Starting off with just a simple 80lb pistol crossbow, to see if it is something I'd like to progress with.

I've only had a try for an hour or so, but the power of even this low level crossbow is addictive. Spent an hour making a good backstop, just need to to get myself an archery target now - the bolts presently go straight through what ever I put in front of them and bury themselves in my backstop.

I thought about taking up crossbows as well, I seen the 1250lbs Windass on Youtube and holy moly!!! These things are absoloutely lethal even today and would probably go through a kevlar vest?

So i am thinking about it before some numpty gets them banned i would take great satisfaction in being skilled with one, I can not explain it either why i want one just to shoot distant targets, Animals being off limits and illegal anyways.

Associate
Doves!

Yes I'm one step away from being a pigeon fancier, but I keep White Fantail Doves that your Mrs can brag about to her friends as they look awesome in a garden.
They have a life worthy of Eastenders or Coronation St, once you get to know their personalities.
Love, life & death.
My wife bought me my first for my 40th birthday. Nearly 5 years into the hobby.

Stage lights is my thing, the sort that run off DMX. PAR cans, moving heads, pin spots, floods, battens and so on. I have DJ'd for a couple of birthdays / weddings, but otherwise it's purely a hobby for me. I run the lights around all of my downstairs. Because they're all LED, my leccy bill averages £25/month even after air-con during the summer months is factored in. This has been a hobby since January 2006, so 14 years now :)

Caporegime
Get into bodybuilding, it's actually quite interesting and rewarding.

Not really. I'd say calisthenics; a combination of cardio and either body weight or light weight exercises is far better for you.

Heavy weight means greater chance of injuries which is the last thing he needs at his age.

I've knackered my shoulder and my tricep bodybuilding. Shoulder made a full recovery after a long time but the tricep needs warming up before it can do anything otherwise it's agony.

Bodybuilding is also very narcissistic. This younger generation are the worst for it too.

Go to the toilet for a **** and there's some kid wetting his eyebrows styling them then checking his collar, etc. In the workplace. I remember the days when people used the toilets to do their business and get out. Now they are looking at the guy next doors junk and styling their eyebrows.

I mean having pride in your looks is one thing but there is a line. Going to be a generation of Patrick Bateman's this love island lot.

No wonder the presenter killed herself they are all mad.

Man of Honour
How do you learn songs so quickly? I’m atrocious at it and think my learning method is probably wrong.

This is my 50th year of gigging and it's something I've always been able to do but let's be realistic, my parts aren't that hard.
Tonight I went to a rehearsal with about 10 songs I quickly went through at home but while I was there I learned at least another 10 on the spot.
A quick run through with the lead guitarist and then straight in.
There's also that 'experience' that you just know what chord comes next because so many songs are the same.

Soldato
Making mods for videogames. Well games that interest me anyway. Theres something satisfying about creating something that didn't exist before and even better when people say "wow this is great, thanks!" though thats not why I do it, hard to say why I do exactly its a creative urge kind of thing? I have a friend who does woodturning got his own workshop and a lathe makes things for friends and family and he's good at it too. Everyone needs a hobby.

Two years ago I randomly decided to learn the bagpipes, coming from a totally none musical background it has been a real challenge, but very rewarding.

GHB or smallpipes? :)

Back
Top Bottom