1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whit's Yer Hing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meths, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Participant

Caporegime

Rather than focusing, I've got loads of different hobbies that I don't focus enough on, weight lifting now being the main one.

Weight lifting
    Motorbikes
    DIY
    Golf
    Lawn maintenance
    Cricket
    Family time
    Just started playing the piano (have passed grade II)
    Road cycling
    Going for drives in the countryside
    PC (hardly any gaming anymore)

2. dirtychinchilla

Sgarrista

Wow that's a long time! I guess there aren't too many sons that are new to you at this point. You play rhythm guitar, keys, and sing, right? That's pretty good going. I know you can sort of feel the chord changes, but I constantly get lost in songs that I've learnt. Again, I think my method of learning songs isn't actually the right method for me - read the tabs, try and play along, keep trying and reading, reading and trying etc

3. Uther

Capodecina

GHB. Wouldn't mind a set of small pipes in the future though!

4. Dynix

Hitman

Flying for me - can't really beat the freedom or views. I wish I was in a position to do it sooner, but glad I wasn't as I've had to work to get this far. It isn't a hobby per-se for me but I won't stop recreational flying once I've completed all my training.

If you have no ambition of flying commercially then it's really not that expensive to get into and stay current now, and the CAA/EASA are making some ways at making it even more accessible to everyone with small changes to things like the way the exam sittings work and being able to self on a self declaration medical. :)

https://i.imgur.com/RbCPwBz.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/KUSGXtP.jpg

Even more so when you're sat inside it on a gusty day :D

5. FTM

Soldato

Fly fishing..it gets me out and lets me buy new things!

6. Sankari

Capodecina

Anime, PC gaming, PC building, DIY, reading.

7. jsmoke

Sgarrista

How often can you PC build, is that not just once every couple of years or longer?

8. Maccy

Commissario

Jesus, I don't know where to begin. You really do sprout some rubbish :/

9. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

I don't really have a hobby :/
    I like to listen to music in my spare time though.

10. dirtychinchilla

Sgarrista

11. Begbie

Capodecina

12. Sankari

Capodecina

We have seven PCs in this household (not including our three Surface tablets).

I built three of them, and I've rebuilt one of the others. I've also built PCs for other family members.

13. UnLuckyBenski

Mobster

That's what's problematic. We buy parts we don't "need" and plan new builds we shouldn't justify. Building and modding is a hobby in its own right.

I have one gaming PC in action, one half built with a load of customisations to do, and all the parts for another. All with custom water cooling setups. Then a couple of old PCs for web browsing etc. I only need one, maybe two PCs max!

14. JBeck

Mobster

Instead of finding something new perhaps consider going back in time like I have.
    Building my first PC in 15 years, building another rally car (based on a 27 year old car so is going to be a proper nice time consuming effort), started hill walking again, considering racing model cars again, weights three times a week, just bought an old cassette player to get running again, there's lots to do if you think about it.

Don't look forward, look back, and you'll rediscover yourself.

15. Mr Ah Choo

Soldato

I was gonna suggest chocolate speedway racing...

But I’ve head it can be a right pain in the arse!

16. AiiR

Mobster

Sure weight lifting gives a high chance of injury, if you lift irresponsibly. Oh wait... :rolleyes:

As for Patrick Bateman in the bathroom, you must go to the wrong gym or you get offended by people being slightly vain. Either way, I couldn't care less what other people are up to aslong as it doesn't directly interfere with me. They're paying as much to do be there as I am.

17. Psymonkee

Capodecina

D&D - look for a local group or grab the starter kit and coerce some friends/family into fantasy adventuring :D

18. Meths

Mobster

19. Sankari

Capodecina

^^ Relatable.

:D

20. R.P.L

Hitman

I want to learn to fly in the next couple of years - I'd like to get to the stage where I can do some aerobatic stuff.

The hobbies that I've taken up previously and still do to some extent:

Golf
    Weightlifting
    Cycling
    Running
    PC gaming and building
    Skydiving
    Cars (mostly just enjoying ownership, light modding and driving, but did a spot of racing)

I've dabbled in coding for a number of years, and am currently trying to get more into it in the hope that I might be able to earn money from it in the not-too-distant future. I've also just started trying to get into poker, having played online a few times previously without really having a clue and losing small sums of money.
    I also bought a piano a few years ago with the intention of learning to play, but that's mostly been gathering dust. It's still very much on the to do list when I find the motivation though.