Whit's Yer Hing?

Soldato
For all those wanting to fly - check out paramotoring. You can get all the kit and training for about £10k. Everything fits into the boot of an estate and you can take off from a football field. It's awesome!

Take off and landing look like this......

19055319_10156199888714622_170835076499483951_o.jpg

Soldato
I'm in my 40's and get by with a few hobbies and interests. They're a mixture of indoor & outdoor activities, some of which I've been doing for years and others which are more recent.

Photography (i.e. taking pictures, not collecting gear), hill walking, PC gaming, magic (card and coin manipulation) and puzzles (mainly 3x3 "Rubik's Cube" speed solving).

As I get older I have found that the best way to avoid short-lived hobby fads is not to take them too seriously and go overboard with them.

Soldato
For all those wanting to fly - check out paramotoring. You can get all the kit and training for about £10k. Everything fits into the boot of an estate and you can take off from a football field. It's awesome!

Take off and landing look like this......

19055319_10156199888714622_170835076499483951_o.jpg

10k is that all, think I'll grab a few of them.

Caporegime
Caporegime
Sure weight lifting gives a high chance of injury, if you lift irresponsibly. Oh wait... :rolleyes:

As for Patrick Bateman in the bathroom, you must go to the wrong gym or you get offended by people being slightly vain. Either way, I couldn't care less what other people are up to aslong as it doesn't directly interfere with me. They're paying as much to do be there as I am.

So all pro bodybuilders lift irresponbly then?

Even arnie came out and said bodybuilding is terrible for you.

Look at the state of Ronnie Coleman.

Even proper technique isn't a safety net.

It's why you don't tend to see many 45+ year olds playing football that used to as their knees, hips, ankles are knackered from injuries too.

At his age yoga would be much more beneficial

Soldato
OP
There are a lot on here who as soon as they have built a pc, they are ordering the stuff for the next build. Addicts lol
I always liked building the PC but was less interested in using it once it was finished.

Spent more time stress testing and trying to get the temps down than anything else.

Permabanned
I find that bathing my ferrets is a rather rewarding pursuit. They're adorable critters but they don't half hum after a while. Keeping up a comprehensive grooming regimen is tiring, but it does give one some pride in knowing that one has the finest wiffing ferrets in the county faire.

Caporegime
You understand how percentages work, right? :)

It's a contact sport.

It's pretty obvious why more people get injured playing it.

A bit like saying mma has a high injury rate in both numbers and percentages.

The fact is weightlifting is towards the top of that table not the bottom. Which further proves my point.

Not something for a 45 year old to take up and much more better options out there.

Soldato
Football so long as it's not ligament damage will be much smaller injuries. Then you have the fact it's the most popular sport in the world. More people are doing it.

I've never met anyone who did weightligting who hadn't injured himself much like anyone who played football

If people exercise, they will injure themselves. Weightlifting injuries are often small as well.

So all pro bodybuilders lift irresponbly then?

Even arnie came out and said bodybuilding is terrible for you.

Look at the state of Ronnie Coleman.

Even proper technique isn't a safety net.

It's why you don't tend to see many 45+ year olds playing football that used to as their knees, hips, ankles are knackered from injuries too.

At his age yoga would be much more beneficial

Ronnie Coleman ****** himself by abusing his body, not by doing squats 3 times a week. Coleman took bodybuilding to its absolute limit, that's why he's so broken. It's not because weightlifting is dangerous.

Soldato
I spend all my waking hours doing things. I suppose they're hobbies... lol

Have 2 YouTube channels, like building tech things, cooking, cycling, skiing, I run something like 4 side businesses on top of my day job, do some coaching on business stuff for free to people looking to start businesses. Then I have 3 kids and 2 dogs. I don't get the chance to be bored.

Back
Top Bottom