Oktoberfest accommodation

Soldato
Hey all,

Friend is getting married and his best man has decided Oktoberfest is a great idea for a stag do.

They're currently looking at three nights in hotels for £400-£500 pp which I just can't justify spending on top of flights and then spending on beer while over there.

Has anyone been and found reasonable accommodation? We've found a few hostels and pre-erected clamping affairs but we're planning on going from Thursday-Sunday and a lot of them don't allow Sunday check outs?

Any help would be great!

Soldato
Backpackers hostel?

Should be able to do 3 nights for less than £300 surely, look for deals/discounts or look at Airbnb or hire a house.

Commissario
Friend is getting married and his best man has decided Oktoberfest is a great idea for a stag do.
Whatever happened to a stag night actually just being a night where a bunch of friends went out for a few beers and a meal? I think it's bonkers that people expect their friends to spend crazy amounts of money for a holiday as a 'stag do'.

Associate
I guess you are going this year? If so you are leaving it very late due to supply and demand. I go every year and I book accommodation for my group literally a couple of weeks after we get back. It'll be expensive if you want to stay in walking distance now, or just book on the outskirts, camp or hostel.

Caporegime
Whatever happened to a stag night actually just being a night where a bunch of friends went out for a few beers and a meal? I think it's bonkers that people expect their friends to spend crazy amounts of money for a holiday as a 'stag do'.

Totally agreement. Friend of the gfs decided hers was going to be a week in Vegas followed by a long weekend in London. She was confused when every one basically said...
No.

She still ended up somewhere in Greece for a week!

Soldato
Most people who have stag nights abroad like this tend to do both in my experience - one for the people going abroad and one local. It's not really a new thing either, I went to a couple of stag nights in Amsterdam in the 90s, and at the same time a lot of stag nights I've been to have just been out for a few beers and a meal in the last 20 or so years. The internet is just a good new resource for people who are planning something like this abroad, so you just hear about it more now.

Associate
We hired a campervan and drove there. it took about 12 hour's but it was good fun with people able to play cards and drink in the back. it was definately cheaper than flying and hotels at the time.

We then stayed at a campsite on the outskirts of munich, it was very good with toilets, showers and a onsite pub. was only a short tube ride to Oktoberfest.

hired camper from here

http://www.ambermotorhomes.co.uk/view-the-range/4-berth/show/Escape-G

and stayed here

https://www.oktoberfest-camping.com/en/photos/

it was fantastic and would definitely go again

Back
Top Bottom