Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
So, ive read about this on several console forums since it happened to me, but i wanted to see if this has happened to any other PC players.

Basically COD MW just uninstalled itself without my say so.

Literally just a few days ago i installed the latest patch via the launcher and played for an hour or so.

Today i come to play and................ nothing. Says it needs to download 178GB of data. I.e the whole game.

Im utterly baffled but seem to remember Battlefield games having a habit of doing this randomly whereby the Origin route directory would loose the file path and just nuke itself.

I checked both SSD's and no data for COD could be found.

VERY frustrating.

Soldato
Thanks for the recommendations for the headsets folks.

Bit of a daft question...

When I go into Multiplayer, I usually click "QuickPlay" to play most of my games...

Is there a way to select a specific type of game on a specific type of match? E.g. Team Deathmatch, or Domination on Hackney Yard?

Associate
Thanks for the recommendations for the headsets folks.

Bit of a daft question...

When I go into Multiplayer, I usually click "QuickPlay" to play most of my games...

Is there a way to select a specific type of game on a specific type of match? E.g. Team Deathmatch, or Domination on Hackney Yard?

Just click on the filter near the quickplay button and take your pick. Note you can only choose the game mode and not specific maps.

Soldato
I have the Arctis Pro headset and really like it. Works an absolute treat with MW the ability it work out where someone is coming from is very easy feels like cheating sometimes

Soldato
I don't know same game released every year with a different skin Call of duty games like Marvel movies boring derivative rubbish a cash cow that they release every year and a rip off at 50 quid.

Have you even played it? Its not. I thought it would be, but its not.

I spend many hours on COD 1, COD 2 and a few later on COD 4. Around the same time COD 2 I was playing MOHAA & SOF 2. Nothing comes close, even my favourite games BF2 and Squad. Granted they are different types of games but MOD MW just works

Soldato
I have the Arctis Pro headset and really like it. Works an absolute treat with MW the ability it work out where someone is coming from is very easy feels like cheating sometimes

I have a general question about headsets. If they are USB then will hey will use only the USB source? (be it a soundcard or DAC)
My Xonar Essence ST does not have USB output. When I connect a USB headset it sounds terrible comparted to connecting one to my Xonar card but 3.5mm.

Why are there so many headsets, do all soundcards and DACs come with a USB connection now?

I ordered a 3.5mm aux y splitter 2 jack male to 1 female. Ill try connecting my trusty Sennheiser earphones with inline mic to my soundcard instad of using my Sennheiser PC 31 thats getting rather old

Soldato
I have a general question about headsets. If they are USB then will hey will use only the USB source? (be it a soundcard or DAC)
My Xonar Essence ST does not have USB output. When I connect a USB headset it sounds terrible comparted to connecting one to my Xonar card but 3.5mm.

Why are there so many headsets, do all soundcards and DACs come with a USB connection now?

I ordered a 3.5mm aux y splitter 2 jack male to 1 female. Ill try connecting my trusty Sennheiser earphones with inline mic to my soundcard instad of using my Sennheiser PC 31 thats getting rather old

I'd presume so. I've not had a dedicated soundcard for my last two computers and both the headsets I've recently owned have gone through USB and had their own soundcards built in.

Getting better with the crossbow and decided I'm going to punish myself to get it gold. Once you unlock the explosive bolts it becomes a bit more user-friendly as, on HC at least, if you miss them but lands close to them the explosion can still score a kill. I've got a lot more double/triple kills than I thought I would especially when you hit someone in a group and the explosion kills a few extra. I think the skull camouflage will take me a while

Soldato
I'd presume so. I've not had a dedicated soundcard for my last two computers and both the headsets I've recently owned have gone through USB and had their own soundcards built in.

Thanks. Guess it just dpeends on the quality of headset. e.g. I have a Plantronics USB one which sounds ok but nothing compared to a basic Sennheiser headset (PC 31) going through a high quality 'Audiophile' soundcard.
Just the same as active vs passive speakers I suppose - Get what you pay for :)

Soldato
Thanks. Guess it just dpeends on the quality of headset. e.g. I have a Plantronics USB one which sounds ok but nothing compared to a basic Sennheiser headset (PC 31) going through a high quality 'Audiophile' soundcard.
Just the same as active vs passive speakers I suppose - Get what you pay for :)

Yeah I've nothing to compare it to really. However I've never worried about the sound coming from my headset or thought that it could sound much better. But I'd be quite annoyed if I just bought a £250 headset and it sounded poor lol

Back
Top Bottom