Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Caporegime

A supposed reimagining of the original game, allegedly using a new engine..though they made this claim in the past and then changed their tune to the engine getting upgrades.

Underclockers Discord:

BattleNet / Activision User IDs:

champ222 - CannonFodder#21536
CliffyG - CLIFFYG#2732 / CliffyG78
Guest2 - alexl1984#2589
Liquid_Entity - MatLockDJ
Maccy - MaccyBee#2531 / Maccy
mart981 - Swerv#2127
McBain - / ferrit55
MATTY8787 - MATTY8787#21297
maonayze - maonayze#2744
michty_me - MICHTY#2967 / michty_me
razerbwfc - Razer#1485
Rezident - Rez#22988
SentineL-X - MarkAllf#2110
SkScotchegg - Deleterious#2367 / SkScotchegg
t2na - / T2NA#3077224
ThundyCat - M3WarCat#2484 M3WarCat
Vtec9k - HexGecko#1271

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
OP
And of course, those who already paid for the original will have to pay again to play this.

It's not the same game with an updated engine. It's using the same name but supposedly a different story using some of the characters from the original.

Unlike BO4, the new Modern Warfare will indeed have a single-player campaign, and it’s the main focus for the reveal today. As you might guess from the name, it’s not a direct sequel to 2011’s Modern Warfare 3, but instead a soft reboot that kicks off a new storyline with a few familiar, returning characters. The campaign will be split into two halves: in one you’ll play as a Tier 1 operator, a special forces soldier, and in the second part you’ll take on the role of a rebel fighter in the Middle East.

One of the goals of the game, and its dual-perspective storyline in particular, is to show various viewpoints of a conflict. “We are telling a story about modern war in the real world,” says Jacob Minkoff, the single-player design director on Modern Warfare. “If we whitewash it, if we backpedal from it, if we show a world where the heroes fight the terrorists and win, you never see the impact on the average person, the collateral damage, or the morally gray situations that soldiers themselves have to face.”

Caporegime
OP
And just to reiterate, its not an upgrade of the original Modern Warfare, it uses the same name with some past characters but a different game.

Caporegime
OP
So is it going to refer back to the original? Or will it be a completely different story, and they’re acting like the first three never happened?

Its using some characters from the original in a different story. Probably be framed as a different mission before the original game.

Caporegime
OP
Hmm could be interesting! The Modern Warfare series definitely has the best story and characters out of the lot of them. I particularly like that they’re going for a raw, unapologetic single player campaign - I absolutely see some controversy in its future :p

Remember the airport scene in MW2 (i believe) that had a LOT of attention from the press.

Caporegime
OP
One thing that I dislike so far -

- far to much "dolphin diving" as it was known back in the day.....People diving into prone and still shooting the whole time - no delay on them hitting the ground before shooting etc. So they are just running around hitting prone, bouncing back up and back down again.

You wonder how many cod games they've put out and still haven't learned not to put in crap like this. They usually end up patching it then when the next game comes out there it is again.

Caporegime
OP
The joy of modern internet. Latest update was downloaded and ready to play within 10-15 mins. New large cut scene, bugs fixed, new game modes whats not to like.
Game patches in the past have taken a lot longer than 10-15 mins to download and install for me (less GB/MB but slower internet 10-20 years ago)

I've yet to play this game despite owning it for a few months, downloaded a 107 gig patch last night and now another multi gig one tonight. Farcical. Have games really got that complex or have devs got really lazy with how they distribute patches?

Caporegime
OP
Nine times out of ten I lose in the Gulag.

On my screen, I'll often get the first shot in but the next thing I know I'm dead. However, watching the replay back my character doesn't even fire his weapon while they get 3,4 or 5 shots on me.

Is that -

A, The replay facility not reflecting reality

B, They're all using high refresh rate low response time monitors

C, I've spent too long away from FPS games and should do something else in my old age?

That's been a "feature" of COD games since day one. It's very noticeable with rocket launchers etc, you'll fire it and hear the noise but on the killcam it doesn't fire. Just seems like if they manage to kill you as you're firing at them any bullets etc from your weapon just vanish.

Back
Top Bottom