• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zotac artic storm rtx2080ti

Soldato
ZOTAC ARCTIC STORM RTX2080TI
Who ever bought this if you are looking
I negotiated a price for this card with @Gibbo who lowered the price for me on the website
On the 3rd now I am being told some one pressed buy just before me
If you grabbed this at the price I negotiated then I am asking a huge favour
Would you cancel the order as its unfair I was gazumped when I had negotiated to buy it
Now I am basically being told tough luck there's no more B grade cards
No offer to try and help me out which isn't what I expected from ocuk to be honest
I know I am asking a lot and probably got no hope
But that card was already pushing my budget to the limit and I can't afford a brand new one and a water block
Thanks

Soldato
OP
I'm actually not sure this person would own up because they would never know they ordered before you. OcUK would never release the details of this either under GDPR.
Yeah I know I have very little hope
But feeling rather aggrieved right now
So asking is my only hope
They would know as it was the only one of them
So if bought it on the 3rd its same card

Soldato
Surely, if you'd negotiated a price and had it accepted, it would have made more sense to ask you to phone up and pay?

Offer & Acceptance is the keystone of Contract Law - I'm really surprised they're not contacting whoever they allowed to purchase it to say "this isn't available, sorry", rather than fobbing you off with "You snooze, You lose".

That's really disappointing.

Soldato
OP
Surely, if you'd negotiated a price and had it accepted, it would have made more sense to ask you to phone up and pay?

Offer & Acceptance is the keystone of Contract Law - I'm really surprised they're not contacting whoever they allowed to purchase it to say "this isn't available, sorry", rather than fobbing you off with "You snooze, You lose".

That's really disappointing.
Yeah phone up would probably have made more sense
My card issuer did a fraud check on the purchase which delayed it as couldn't get through to them on the phone
I called ocuk explaining this but was told if someone else buys it in the meantime we can't do anything about it
I don't see why though I had explained my card would take a little while to accept the transaction
They could have cancelled the other purchaser
Pretty disappointed in ocuk right now to be totally honest
Usually I am praising them but not today
I only found out as I asked for a rough update on delivery
Otherwise would have been none the wiser

I have just checked the prices of these cards, are you mad? I really hope that the price was more of a 60% reduction! That card alone is going for more cost than what most people spend on a system.
Yeah I know it's very expensive
But after 4 weeks of self isolating and a lot of indecisiveness I said oh well you only live once
Wasn't 60% but was pretty hefty reduction

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
If this is exactly what happened they should buy another one from somewhere and honour the price.
My feeling exactly
Or a substitute card and a water block on it
So far it's basically been mistakes happen nothing we can do about it
Amend or cancel your order
Can't amend it as no more B grade cards never mind one with a block fitted
Haven't cancelled yet as I feel customer service haven't done anything for me

Soldato
OP
Yes money was taken
Were a couple of watercooling fittings on the order guess that's why it's still live
I even got a yes your order went through OK message from another ocuk staff member later who saw my explaining my card issuer was delaying the transaction to fraud check it so he wanted to make sure it was all ok

Soldato
i wouldn't feel too bad about this looking at said card online and its nothing special, yes obviously the card has a pre attached waterblock, but the boost clock inst really that high it runs at 1575mhz out of the box vs a founders edition's 1635mhz, as you say though you negotiated a lower price with ocuk so they should have horned it, it just doesn't work that way business is business and if they could get more from it from another customer well thats their decision to take.

end of the day its a bit naughty of them, it's just thats life I'm afraid

keep checking the b-grade section and in a few weeks or months a pre binned gpu could be up with faster clocks compared to the zotac card you wanted to get

Soldato
OP
Possibly, but that's not the point here
They agreed to sell me it
I agreed to buy it
And I upheld my end of the agreement
By paying for it
If there was a mix up in their system
That's not my fault
As far as I see it they are in the wrong
And even if it means they take a loss on it
By giving me a new card with a block instead
They should swallow that loss
I am not usually one to bitch and whine
But if I believe I am in the right yeah
I can be very stubborn

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Can’t they discount a brand new one instead?

Probably not as big a discount but at least you’d have a proper warranty rather than the 90 days on a B grade.

Underboss
This thread could be gold, 10/10 I'm not a shop material, gold!

OcUK sold something to someone who paid, hardly unexpected considering they are a shop. You don't deserve a new card and block at the original price of the other one because someone got there first, that is totally and utter next level entitlement.

Graphics card cuckolding, that's a whole new level of wow.

Soldato
This thread could be gold, 10/10 I'm not a shop material, gold!

OcUK sold something to someone who paid, hardly unexpected considering they are a shop. You don't deserve a new card and block at the original price of the other one because someone got there first, that is totally and utter next level entitlement.

Graphics card cuckolding, that's a whole new level of wow.

Have you actually read the thread?

He put in an offer which was accepted and they took payment, the payment was delayed for a short period because his card issuer issued a fraud check. The payment has since left his bank after clearing the fraud check, yet OCUK have sold the card to someone else in the meantime. The OP will now likely have to wait for OCUK to refund his money.

Bad form on behalf of OCUK.

Associate
Have you actually read the thread?

He put in an offer which was accepted and they took payment, the payment was delayed for a short period because his card issuer issued a fraud check. The payment has since left his bank after clearing the fraud check, yet OCUK have sold the card to someone else in the meantime. The OP will now likely have to wait for OCUK to refund his money.

Bad form on behalf of OCUK.
So he didn't pay, payment was on hold, OCUK did not see money until fraud check cleared. All deals are subjected to availability, and when he paid it was no longer avaiable, they recived physicial money from someone else who purchased product on website with discount.

Back
Top Bottom