Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
There is no squeaking, the Austrian ones appear to have the same hard leather headband with no padding too.
Thanks, i'll have a look on aliexpress. Can;t see any for 1.50 shipped but there is this, is this what you mean? works out at £3.07

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000205958753.html

Or there is this for £2.10. lol 25th June delivery :D
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32971482504.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Soldato
dSOXcB.jpg

Been trying for ages to get my hands on some of this stuff.

Soldato
Her reasoning is that they'll last her a lifetime and work out cheaper. She's already got through a pair that cost about a tenner in a few years.
Keep them in good nick with oiling, sharpening and being careful not to cut inappropriate items with them, and they'll last you a long, long time. Arguably the same can be said for lots of cheapies too! But oftentimes the price makes people finally care for what they've bought.

Soldato
These arrived earlier, 47 Zealio v2 and 14 Zilent v2. Overtook the rest of the stuff I'd ordered weeks back for building a 61 key. :)

kXhFkYO.jpg

Bonus points for those who know what weight they are by colour. :p

Associate
In my never ending quest for the right keyboard I just got a Realforce 88U with 45 gram Topre switches. It looks old fashioned and doesn't have any backlighting, which is why I went for the lighter version. It doesn't even have a caps lock light. It looks very old fashioned compared to some of the keyboards I have such as the Microsoft Surface keyboard. But I like that old skool look. It's also the most expensive keyboard I have every bought. It only arrived this morning so it's early days and it feels odd using a TKL when I'm used to a full sized keyboard (but realistically I rarely need the extra keys and the full size in UK ISO layout has been out of stock for some time). There is an (expensive) separate matching USB keypad available if I ever need it.

Apart from the feel of the keys and the light colour, one of the things I really love about keyboards like this is the separate groups of function keys and navigation key clusters (arrows, home, end, etc). As a programmer I hated having to look down at the chiclet keyboard to find a specific function key in the IDE (e.g. hit F10 instead of F11 or F9 by mistake), or look down to find the home, end, page up/down, etc. This is much better with really good key feel and easy to find the function keys and navigation keys.

But so far I can see what the fuss is about with Topre. It's lovely to type on. It is obviously a little noisier than the MS Surface chiclet keyboard but a lot quieter than my Razer mechanical with blue switches. Hopefully I can now consign both to the spares drawer and use this as my one keyboard for productivity and gaming. Happy so far. No regrets at this point.

Retro beige FTW. Here's my 45g Topre Realforce

xRtBEeI.jpg

Associate
My missus spent the last few days researching secateurs and they were high up on her list to buy. She ended up ordering some Felco ones.

I went through the same process. I had various Felco in my Amazon basket for a long time, but got slowly overwhelmed with the product line and the simplicity of the Okatsune just started to appeal. I'm sure she'll love them and I'm sure if I'd gone the other way I'd be just as happy. They're just in a different league to my last pair bought from the local independent hardware store.

Caporegime
Wow, so by that definition you're suggesting that nobody should bother with Noblechairs as they're gimmicky and overpriced?

Isn't it funny that without context I know exactly what's what with this post?

I#ll be clapping for you at 8 tonight mate, your bravery for living with that face is to be applauded :D

Have you actually tried a Noblechair?

No, is there someone I can contact to get one for free?

Man of Honour
Retro beige FTW. Here's my 45g Topre Realforce

xRtBEeI.jpg
That's nice. I like the complimentary colours. I did consider an R2 but I far prefer an ISO layout. So there was only a narrow choice of... the 88U. I'm absolutely loving mine so far. COmpletely used to TKL now and I really don't think I can go back to non-topre.

I'd say my Razer with MX blue switches was better for gaming. But this is acceptable for games and absolutely fantastic for everything else.

Back
Top Bottom