What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Also, 2 episodes into "Locke & Key" Not bad, I will continue with it.

Stick with it - whole family enjoyed this.

About halfway through S3 of Preacher - the plantation and voodoo is pants, need them to move on. And also Jesse is a dick, constantly abusing and taking advantage of his friends loyalty, he wasn't as as bad as this in the previous 2 seasons, is this is how he is in the comic series? I thought he was meant to be the hero of the show, he has sent a kid to hell who he felt bad for for a whole 5mins and now doesn't even think about it (and poor Cassidy!)

Associate
Just started watching the '90s series "Millenium". Never really watched it when it originally aired -- not sure why, I loved "The X-Files".

2 episodes in, I'm already enjoying it. The pilot was especially gruesome.:eek::(

Any fans?

Soldato
Just started watching the '90s series "Millenium". Never really watched it when it originally aired -- not sure why, I loved "The X-Files".

2 episodes in, I'm already enjoying it. The pilot was especially gruesome.:eek::(

Any fans?

Yup, watched it through a few times. It gets especially morbid and downbeat at times but worth sticking with. It's another that was cancelled without much in the way of an ending though :(

Associate
Binge watched Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. Last season on Ashes saw a huge tone shift away from the 80's neon glitz of the first two; season three setting was dark and I felt it was a bit of a mis-step; I think they should have had a lot of the mystery unravel a little over the two previous seasons rather than cram it all into 8 epdisodes of the final season.

It'll be interesting to see where the third and final series will go now we know what Gene actually is (and its set between LoM and AtA).

Soldato
Yup, watched it through a few times. It gets especially morbid and downbeat at times but worth sticking with. It's another that was cancelled without much in the way of an ending though :(
Its the one with Lance Henriksen who played Bishop in aliens isn't it? I seem to remember watching a bit of it but then it was on at silly oclock at night so I stopped. I remember it being a darker version of The X Files.

Soldato
Its the one with Lance Henriksen who played Bishop in aliens isn't it? I seem to remember watching a bit of it but then it was on at silly oclock at night so I stopped. I remember it being a darker version of The X Files.

Thats it yeah.

He does guest star in the X-Files a few times and the reaction to the episodes was so positive, he got his own show. It is much much darker than the X-Files, goes into some very uncomfortable viewing at times.

Soldato
Watched Devs over the past few days on iPlayer, it was excellent. Didn't realise at first that it's by Adam Garland who also did Ex Machina and Annihilation, it explains a lot about the style and 'feel' of it.

Associate
Watched Devs over the past few days on iPlayer, it was excellent. Didn't realise at first that it's by Adam Garland who also did Ex Machina and Annihilation, it explains a lot about the style and 'feel' of it.

I've seen the ads for this and was thinking about checking it out but really wasn't sure. Might have to do so now.

Associate
Yup, watched it through a few times. It gets especially morbid and downbeat at times but worth sticking with.

Yeah, I'm getting that impression after only the first 2 episodes. I might have to watch an episode of "Friends" in between viewings.:eek: :p

It's another that was cancelled without much in the way of an ending though :(

Sadly, I've watched enough American television over the years to expect this.:(

Soldato
Finished Future Man.

The last season wasn't great. Some funny parts. It definitely peaked in the first season.

EDIT: Season 3 was better than Season 2.

EDIT: Actually I am probably been a little harsh, there are a few brilliant Episodes in Season 2 and 3. It's just the James Cameron Episode in Season one is so good. It's worth watching the whole show for that Episode alone.

Last edited:
Soldato
War of the worlds (2019)

Bit of a odd one for me. It did drag in a lot of parts, but it did make me want to keep watching till the end.

To much of a cliffhanger at the end of the season, feel there should have been one more episode.

Maybe isolation is getting to me. :p

Soldato
I didn't think War of the Worlds, was too bad. As you say a bit tedious in parts, and it didn't feel like it had a huge budget to spend, but it's a reasonable twist on a classic story. Way, way better than the BBC effort a couple of months back.

Next door neighbour talked me into giving Netflix a go for a month, so I'm binge watching loads of stuff at the moment. Enjoyed Locke & Key, likewise Lost in Space even though it was generally panned. StarTrek Discovery, I'm in two minds about, some episodes have been rubbish, but there is enough in it to keep me watching. (I'll give anything sci-fi a go)

Also "the Rookie," very lightweight but enjoyable, even if it's fairly predictable. With all the doom and gloom that we are all facing I find I'm leaning to lighthearted pick me up stuff at the moment. I'm going to try and cram in Nightflyers, the Witcher and Stranger Things before my months up!:)

Back
Top Bottom