US: Batwomen - 2019

Associate
For some reason I carried on with it and it's actually improved quite a lot (as in it's gone from a 1/10 to about a 4/10). It's still got a heap of CW SJW nonsense in it, but I quite like the unhinged character of Alice.

Associate
it been renew for a second season short while ago long with the rest of Arrowver programs, also the next crossover will be only Batwoman and the new "superman and lois" series. it was just announce yesterday that ruby rose (Batwoman) is exiting the series and that "the CW" and "WarnerBro" will still be moving forward with batwoman, so they will be recasting her role in the show.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/ruby-r...ead-role-season-2-shocker-shakeup-1202938863/

Associate
Can't say I'm sad. Ruby Rose is pretty terrible tbh. Be interesting to see who the replacement is, hopefully someone who can actually act and go a whole sentence without reverting to their natural accent.

Soldato
In a joint statement, Berlanti Prods. and WBTV reaffirmed their commitment to Batwoman and to casting another LGBTQ actress in the groundbreaking role

And with that one statement they encapsulate everything that is wrong with modern media companies.

Soldato
Heard on geek town uk podcast it’s been moved to the end of the run to not disrupt flow as it’s a “different story” - very bizarre
Super, super annoying. I’ve been waiting weeks to watch the crossover and now this takes the biscuit. I’m kind of bored of Arrowverse now but was going to watch this as a last hurrah and now another 10 week delay. This kind of multi region timing stuff is one more reason piracy happens the money men screw the customers who aren’t in US and the customer goes bugger you.

Soldato
Yes I found that too now, more likely to annoy Sky.
Andi.
Why would sky care? they've already aired the rest of the episodes.

Super, super annoying. I’ve been waiting weeks to watch the crossover and now this takes the biscuit. I’m kind of bored of Arrowverse now but was going to watch this as a last hurrah and now another 10 week delay. This kind of multi region timing stuff is one more reason piracy happens the money men screw the customers who aren’t in US and the customer goes bugger you.

This isnt a US vs UK thing, it's a sky thought batwoman was soo bad they didnt pick it up and it went to another uk broadcaster who delayed it by months and decided to show the crossover at the end of the season thing.

Soldato
Can an Admin mend the Title please, seems edit button does not allow this?

With Ruby Rose leaving the role and eventually someone else stepping in; in hindsight, Batwomen was the correct title! :p

Can't say I'm sad. Ruby Rose is pretty terrible tbh. Be interesting to see who the replacement is, hopefully someone who can actually act and go a whole sentence without reverting to their natural accent.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much of a better actor taking the role. :p Sonya Deville has expressed her interest.

I do wonder how far down the list of requirements 'acting ability' is, but surely there must be a gay woman out there who suits the role and act well enough to give the show a little more credibility than it had. That's assuming everything else wrong with the show remains the same...

Back
Top Bottom