We're all organ doners now...

Soldato
I'm not I opted out last night

knowing lots of people will be hoping, praying and wishing someone will die so they can get an organ.
puts me off being on the list.

You know praying and wishes are mumbo jumbo right.
You best pray and wish you never need a transplant

Caporegime
Perhaps those who opt out by choice should be dropped to the bottom of transplant lists
yes and anyone who needs a transplant because of life choices like me smoking, or people who abuse drugs/achohol should be refused from being on it entirely

also it should be seperate funding from the NHS only funded by people on the list.

Soldato
I've been on the donor list ever since I had a provisional license 13 years ago.

I'm dead, take what you want. Not sure my organs will be of much use though

Soldato
yes and anyone who needs a transplant because of life choices like me smoking, or people who abuse drugs/achohol should be refused from being on it entirely

also it should be seperate funding from the NHS only funded by people on the list.

Still parts you could donate even if your body is ravaged by smoking /alcohol/obesity/etc

Associate
I think what @arknor has been saying, is that there's a minor concern about how we are helping people who are happy to be thinking "Come on, someone die already so I can my chance to get better!".

Sure, they're desperate. But... there's a line. And someone who's desperate enough to so readily think and wish that on others, is that really someone you want kicking around for more years? It's a queue, sure and whatever system used; filo, etc, don't care. But still... I'd rather some choice be involved, but then all that does is red tape again and people don't like that.

Then of course, we have the potential issue of "(un)official accident makers". Because if you know you're next up on the list, you can effectively help bump someone off and hope for the best chance or make things happen quicker. All very distateful potentially.

Will be opting out anyway, as family has history of G6PD, and so most won't even bother, so why clog the system for those who do want to donate eh?

Soldato
I meant for being on the waiting list, not the donor list.

I agree, life choices should absolutely be taken into account for organ transplants. Too many people treat their bodies like crap always thinking they can just drop into the NHS for a quick fix without making the effort themselves.

Associate
There arent many people who think a major organ transplant is a quick fix, are there?

You'd be surprised. Whether from fake news, or lack of proper factual and accurate information (instead of TV shows that show instant recovery, etc), a lot of people have this weird idea that a major organ transplant is a quick and instant fix.

Caporegime
I agree, life choices should absolutely be taken into account for organ transplants. Too many people treat their bodies like crap always thinking they can just drop into the NHS for a quick fix without making the effort themselves.

Totally true. Doesn't just go for health but it's apparent across all aspects of society. Doesn't matter if I get blind drunk, it's someone else's job to look after me, so what if I drive like a moron I have insurance and there's always the air ambulance.

Soldato
They can take the lot as far as I'm concerned. Do you get a discount on cremation if your carcass is half empty?
What if they cut the rest in half so I use a smaller coffin? :p

Soldato
I'm also ok with the major organs but eyes, skin and just get off my face! Need to find out how to opt out of those bits...

Yea yea, you don't need them when your dead but then of course who knows what you need when your dead.

Caporegime
They can take the lot as far as I'm concerned. Do you get a discount on cremation if your carcass is half empty?
What if they cut the rest in half so I use a smaller coffin? :p
ask to be burried upright but in a deeper hole so you take up less plot space ;)

I'm also ok with the major organs but eyes, skin and just get off my face! Need to find out how to opt out of those bits...

Yea yea, you don't need them when your dead but then of course who knows what you need when your dead.
wonder if any of it goes to science your eyes could end up in a classroom educating a bunch of young adults as they slice them open and dissect them

Back
Top Bottom