Thinking of getting another bike

Associate
Well, after selling my 1999 gsxr750 in August 2017, I am getting the itch again.
Last year i test rode a Yamaha MT-07 and whilst it was ok, I found it a little down on power, but the riding position was fine.
Tbh, one of the reasons I got rid of the gixxer was because I am not small and it started to feel cramped so I feel a naked sports style bike is the way to go.
Looking across the manufacturers and I have found the Gsx750s from Suzuki. They also have 4 years interest free at the moment

The engine in the gsx appears to be a detuned gsxr750 lump, but still pushes out around 110 horses.

Has anyone any experience of one of these bikes? Obviously, with it being lockdown I cannot go and view/test ride one at the moment but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

Soldato
I would avoid the MT-09 unless it’s the SP version, pretty terrible bike all round really.

Can I ask why?

I'm not saying your wrong, just a bit surprised by this as everything I've read/heard suggests they are pretty good.

I know the suspension on the earlier ones wasn't supposed to be great but that was sorted out on the more recent models.

Soldato
Can I ask why?

I'm not saying your wrong, just a bit surprised by this as everything I've read/heard suggests they are pretty good.

I know the suspension on the earlier ones wasn't supposed to be great but that was sorted out on the more recent models.
I had suspicions that mine had been thrashed a few weeks after I’d bought it.

Horrible suspension, throttle, riding position, only plus being the power delivery.

I had the MT-07 and MT-09 and have said a few times, they should have put the 09 engine in the 07 chassis as it’s better even though it’s a cheaper bike.

:)

Soldato
I had suspicions that mine had been thrashed a few weeks after I’d bought it.

Horrible suspension, throttle, riding position, only plus being the power delivery.

I had the MT-07 and MT-09 and have said a few times, they should have put the 09 engine in the 07 chassis as it’s better even though it’s a cheaper bike.

:)

Actually now you mentioned it I remember reading the throttle was a bit jumpy.

I'm just interested as I've been considering getting an XSR900 for quite some time, which has the same engine. It's supposed to be a really good fun bike although the styling is a bit Marmite.

Back
Top Bottom