Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
h2zbEZj.jpg

Work agreed to buy new peripherals for a few of us, streamlined my workflow immensely - the G915 is joy to type on.

G915 looks amazing have to say!

If you get it as well mrk, give us a review with your fancy photos and no doubt I'll follow shortly :D

Oooooh.... I agree... looks nice! I'm on the G613 and love it, but yes, might have to upgrade to a G915! :) Mind you, is the only real difference RGB?

Soldato
Work agreed to buy new peripherals for a few of us, streamlined my workflow immensely - the G915 is joy to type on.
300 quid mouse and keyboard combo, nice! My work put a 25 quid limit on buying headsets so I had to pay 5 quid supplement myself to get one that didn't look like it would fall apart after a week for 30 quid.

Underboss
TKL comes out this month I believe.

@mrk yeah I went with the GL Tactile switches, was surprised the place I ordered from had the stock as most seemed to have the red switch Linear variant.

I agree regarding the software, I have GHub for the KB and Options for the mouse, utterly pointless, the software is good though but they only need one package like the Corsair iCue system.

As amazing as the setup is, if work were not reimbursing the cost I certainly wouldn't have got the KB, the mouse yes but £200 on a KB, regardless of the quality is too steep for me.

Associate
300 quid mouse and keyboard combo, nice! My work put a 25 quid limit on buying headsets so I had to pay 5 quid supplement myself to get one that didn't look like it would fall apart after a week for 30 quid.
Anything over a £10 and my boss is in tears.

Man of Honour
Anything over a £10 and my boss is in tears.
At my company anyone over a certain grade has been told to buy their own equipment because "at that level you will be earning a good salary". While it's true they will be on a very good salary I still can't agree with employees buying their own equipment to work from home. The company is also looking to close buildings and allow people to WFH long term to save money. It just see this as employees being asked to subsidise a company making profits in the £billions.

Caporegime
Work have said they'll be supplying us with stuff this week like desks, chairs etc. but not a chance we'll get anything good, let alone be allowed to buy our own stuff!!!!

We had a survey for detail of what we might need to work from home better.

Turned out what they actually meant was we might, maybe, possibly, be able to retrieve the equipment we have in the office and take it home. :rolleyes:

Soldato
It can connect to multiple devices and switch with a click of a button. So of the x3 systems I have on my desk I now only need one keyboard and one mouse, not 3 of each creating clutter.

It can also copy and paste using logitech flow, across all 3 so no having to use a file sharing app.

So workflow is streamlined.

What sorcery is this.. Goes off and googles

Edit: why oh why have I never heard of this before 6 weeks of going between laptop and pc, 6 whole weeks of torture.

Underboss
What sorcery is this.. Goes off and googles

Edit: why oh why have I never heard of this before 6 weeks of going between laptop and pc, 6 whole weeks of torture.

Yeah buddy, I hadn't heard of it before last week, wish I'd known at the start of lockdown! You can do the same with the K780 and K380 keyboards which are under £100.

Caporegime
We had a survey for detail of what we might need to work from home better.

Turned out what they actually meant was we might, maybe, possibly, be able to retrieve the equipment we have in the office and take it home. :rolleyes:
At my company anyone over a certain grade has been told to buy their own equipment because "at that level you will be earning a good salary". While it's true they will be on a very good salary I still can't agree with employees buying their own equipment to work from home. The company is also looking to close buildings and allow people to WFH long term to save money. It just see this as employees being asked to subsidise a company making profits in the £billions.
Yup, frustrating as anything, especially when pay rises etc. have been withheld despite profits being far better than ever before and the amount these companies are saving on overheads.... :rolleyes:
Yeah buddy, I hadn't heard of it before last week, wish I'd known at the start of lockdown! You can do the same with the K780 and K380 keyboards which are under £100.
Could have sworn I told you this months ago on whatsapp :p

Underboss
Could have sworn I told you this months ago on whatsapp :p

Yeah pretty sure you did, I was just being a tight arse and levying work for a better setup.

I love the Corsair blues on my K95. What did you dislike about them?

Very sensitive, I touch type (badly) and spent most of my time on the delete key they were also very loud - great kb no doubt but the G915 is perfect for me.

Caporegime
Yeah pretty sure you did, I was just being a tight arse and levying work for a better setup.

Very sensitive, I touch type (badly) and spent most of my time on the delete key they were also very loud - great kb no doubt but the G915 is perfect for me.
My mum is a very good typist, super quick with 45 years experience, and she still prefers a normal membrane keyboard. Very strange.

Soldato
I can type at 120 wpm+ and I much prefer a laptop style scissor keyboard the most. I've had a mechanical, think they're overpriced and noisy and I really don't 'get it' at all with them.

Soldato
I can type at 120 wpm+ and I much prefer a laptop style scissor keyboard the most. I've had a mechanical, think they're overpriced and noisy and I really don't 'get it' at all with them.

Yeah, same. I love my Apple keyboard. Hope they refresh them soon with scissor switches though as they seem to be backtracking on the (imo worse) butterflies!

Caporegime
I really wish you could order a whole pack of demo keyboards and try them out for a week or so. I've definitely seen differences between keys and types and whatnot but before I spend £lol on a fancypants board, I need to know it's the one most suited to me. I once bought a K60 which I liked but when I had some other non-mech board I realised quite how much the K60 was gimping me.

Soldato
8-A7-D1913-55-EB-4718-B95-E-2583-AF3-A20-D6.jpg

Soldato
Yeah, same. I love my Apple keyboard. Hope they refresh them soon with scissor switches though as they seem to be backtracking on the (imo worse) butterflies!

If you love apple keyboards, try the Logitech MX Keys. Low profile scissor keys in a solid metal frame, moved to that from an apple keyboard and it's like they've studied it and just made it better in every way. Fantastic piece of kit!

Have you tried a Logitech MX Keys? Really is a beautiful keyboard to use, solid metal base, enough travel to feel what's going on when gaming but still be a pleasure to use when typing etc.

(Excuse that the monitors are different ratios :()

2SWFNS1r.jpg EoaOo0q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom