• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3950x temps

Associate
Hello,

Was just wondering if my temps are alright or if i have issues.

My spec:
3950x
x570 Aorus Master
2 sticks of Trident Neo CL16(the 3600MHZ Hynix ones)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 AIO
Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 56 LM
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut (if it makes difference as i didnt use the one Arctic gave)
Coolermaster c700p with 3 stock fans, 2 front and one back for exhaust. Planning to change these are loud and not sure they do much cooling.

So when running handbrake for example all stock (xmp on though) the temps on Ryzen Master show 70-74 degrees and runs on all cores roughly 3.9GHZ. Sounds also like the 2 fans of the AIO are running full speed although surprisingly they are not loud.

On gaming stock CPU its around 63 degrees

If i just try PBO on with Ryzen master temps go to 82.5 - 83 degrees and 4.0ish GHZ on handbrake, didnt try for gaming as i didnt think it would make any difference.

Didn't try the above with tweeking OC in the bios though and generally i want it stock as I want it to last long time.

Are the above numbers ok or do you think they are a bit much?

Caporegime
Hello,

Was just wondering if my temps are alright or if i have issues.

My spec:
3950x
x570 Aorus Master
2 sticks of Trident Neo CL16(the 3600MHZ Hynix ones)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 AIO
Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 56 LM
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut (if it makes difference as i didnt use the one Arctic gave)
Coolermaster c700p with 3 stock fans, 2 front and one back for exhaust. Planning to change these are loud and not sure they do much cooling.

So when running handbrake for example all stock (xmp on though) the temps on Ryzen Master show 70-74 degrees and runs on all cores roughly 3.9GHZ. Sounds also like the 2 fans of the AIO are running full speed although surprisingly they are not loud.

On gaming stock CPU its around 63 degrees

If i just try PBO on with Ryzen master temps go to 82.5 - 83 degrees and 4.0ish GHZ on handbrake, didnt try for gaming as i didnt think it would make any difference.

Didn't try the above with tweeking OC in the bios though and generally i want it stock as I want it to last long time.

Are the above numbers ok or do you think they are a bit much?
Sounds about right i think.

I have the same CPU but with the 360 version of your cooler. Happy to run a like for like comparison test if you are interested?

Perhaps we could run Aida64 for 5 minutes or something?

Soldato
sounds a bit high but not totally sure. I use a 360mm AIO with 6 fans for push/pull at 50% speed.

Stock all core it runs at 4ghz and rises to just 58c. Gaming 40c.
Overclocked to 4.3ghz all core rises to 80c, Gaming 45c.

Associate
OP
Sounds about right i think.

I have the same CPU but with the 360 version of your cooler. Happy to run a like for like comparison test if you are interested?

Perhaps we could run Aida64 for 5 minutes or something?
Cool thanks for that. Will be my first time Aida64 will start looking into it and post my results once I do find some time to do it

Associate
OP
sounds a bit high but not totally sure. I use a 360mm AIO with 6 fans for push/pull at 50% speed.

Stock all core it runs at 4ghz and rises to just 58c. Gaming 40c.
Overclocked to 4.3ghz all core rises to 80c, Gaming 45c.
Those temps are really good. Hence why I was asking was thinking maybe I didn't put the thermal paste correctly but then you have 6 fans on a bigger cooler vs my 2 stock fans pushing air through the radiator

Caporegime
Cool thanks for that. Will be my first time Aida64 will start looking into it and post my results once I do find some time to do it
Or we can use some other app. Let me know which one, what exact test and time it for 5 mins and i will copy. I think my temps are a bit lower than yours but i am using the 360 version.

Associate
OP
With the risk of sounding stupid - I just noticed I had after all aida64 extreme - did a trial to test something when i setup this pc. But obviously trial is done for now. Is there a free version of AIDA64 ?

Associate
OP
Downloaded newest AIDA and let me retrial so goody.
Did a CPU test only 5 mins, and default it was 69-70 degrees and 4.15GHZ all core.
Kicked in PBO and actually went down to 4.08GHZ with 67-69 degrees.

First time i see default to run better than PBO clocks wise. Wierd? Should i do a FPU test?

Associate
OP
Or we can use some other app. Let me know which one, what exact test and time it for 5 mins and i will copy. I think my temps are a bit lower than yours but i am using the 360 version.
What temps do you get LtMatt on CB20 stock, then PBO? Also 5 min Aida64 CPU test?
I forgot to mention i use the 1usmus Ryzen power plan

Soldato
check HWinfo

but off the top of my head a stock 3950x can't go above 140w
Ya that’s the max thermal limit. Just wondering those who overclock on all cores what the power draw is and also the AMP is. Just wondering if a) my board can handle a mild overclock b) if my cooling is sufficient.

Soldato
Ya that’s the max thermal limit. Just wondering those who overclock on all cores what the power draw is and also the AMP is. Just wondering if a) my board can handle a mild overclock b) if my cooling is sufficient.

Overclocked is 230 to 250w, not sure on the amps sorry

Soldato
My 1600AF is currently capped at 100w with max current 125A and my AIO manages to get it pegged at 60c with system temp at 32c. So I think I got good enough thermal headroom for the stock setting on 3950x. Maybe a bit ambitious for over clocks. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom