• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
I really don't get how someone's worked those coolers out to cost $150, if we're talking raw material cost. That sounds like total BS. I hope.

I wonder if they'll reserve 'Ti' for the 3090 (Titan) and call the mid range models only supers.

Permabanned
I really don't get how someone's worked those coolers out to cost $150, if we're talking raw material cost. That sounds like total BS. I hope.

I wonder if they'll reserve 'Ti' for the 3090 (Titan) and call the mid range models only supers.
How much do you think the 3090 Titan could be? £1200 or more?

Associate
I paid 550 uk for my gtx 1080 new so want a card at least twice as fast for the same money or ill probally go console this time. Everything i see so far seems to indicated a xbox for me is incoming and ill skip this gen.

Caporegime

It's bs, it's just an extended heatsink with a fan slapped on the other side. Techpowerup showed a few pics and said sapphire cards have been doing it for a while, the only difference seems to be another fan. https://www.techpowerup.com/268332/...sink-pictured-rumors-of-airflow-magic-quashed

Caporegime
They were recommending a 1000w PSU for Vega, wonder if these Big Navi' will be about 2000w :p

I don't even think 400 watts would be something that could be aircooled properly, they went liquid for the 295x2 and that was 350 or so iirc. And people seem to think that the recent sighting of a render of a dual fan cooler is whats going to be used on "big navi", doubting it at this point.

Associate
I don't even think 400 watts would be something that could be aircooled properly, they went liquid for the 295x2 and that was 350 or so iirc. And people seem to think that the recent sighting of a render of a dual fan cooler is whats going to be used on "big navi", doubting it at this point.

the 7990’s were 375w from what I remember. They needed a big case with good airflow to keep on top of them.

Caporegime
the 7990’s were 375w from what I remember. They needed a big case with good airflow to keep on top of them.

The 7990 was a joke, they were supposedly binning lower voltage gpu's for these cards and a lot of the reviews stated how "cool and quiet" it ran. Yet the product most of us got was a loud and hot pain in the ass. It's like at some point amd realised they didn't have enough low voltage dies to put on the card so just started using any they had to hand which overwhelmed the cooler.

Here's the product launch video:

Notice the "cool and quiet" rhetoric.

And here's the same gimp claiming that "we won't have to worry about the 6990 being loud and hot". And yes, it was loud and hot.

I really think these upcoming gpu's if the power draw talk is true would be better going to an aio,

Back
Top Bottom