• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
What are peoples thoughts on buying used GPU's? How often do they fail or have problems? considering buying something used to tide me over until the next gens come out.
Don't unless you need to, buying overpriced 2nd hand GPUs keeps the prices of new GPUs higher.as your purchase facilitates someone else buying a new overpriced card.

Soldato
2 months is optimistic!

Fact of the matter is that the value hasn't dropped. Don't think any seller would agree to factor in 3000 series being 3-4 months away when pricing for new GPUs aren't even doing that.

Well I've just sold my RTX 2070S for 426 quid.

Bring on XBOX Series X, PS4, Big Navi, RTX 30, I'm in the market for whichever will be best now

I think you mean PS5.

This is very true currently selling my RTX 2080 and you would not believe the amount of interest its getting. They've been going for £500-£550 2nd hand!

Soldato
This is very true currently selling my RTX 2080 and you would not believe the amount of interest its getting. They've been going for £500-£550 2nd hand!
I just had a look to see how much second hand Asus Strix 2080ti are going for (There been quiet a few that sold for very close to £1100 :eek:) :):):)

May stick mine on the bay for £1299 for a laugh :p

Soldato
I think you mean PS5.

I just had a look to see how much second hand Asus Strix 2080ti are going for (There been quiet a few that sold for very close to £1100 :eek:) :):):)

Lol, that's just mental, never would a graphics card be worth so much 2nd hand to me. No/limited warranty, no idea how the card has been treated. 50-60% of retail or lowest cost gpu that equals it in performance. Guess that's why i never buy 2nd hand.

Soldato
Lol, that's just mental, never would a graphics card be worth so much 2nd hand to me. No/limited warranty, no idea how the card has been treated. 50-60% of retail or lowest cost gpu that equals it in performance. Guess that's why i never buy 2nd hand.
The Phrase

A fool and there money is easily parted comes to mind :D

Soldato
I think a 650w would be plenty even for a 350w Gpu as its not like the CPUs going to be pulling 200+w while gaming especially a ryzen CPU, cpu 100w Gpu 350w and 50w for the rest of the system.

Back
Top Bottom