• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm going to buy ps5 day one. I am confident that there will be loads of ps5 exclusives over the coming gen that are worth buying a ps5 for, so why not be there from the beginning?

I'm am not too bothered by the amount of exclusives available on launch. Spiderman near release will be enough for me. My pc is getting very long in the tooth, so I am getting the ps5 to play the big Multiplatform releases like cyberpunk In a somewhat decent state, and will upgrade the pc in a couple of years.

Xbox doesn't make sense to most of us on here, as all the xbox exclusives will come out on pc. Having said that, the value proposition of an xbox vs a high end graphics card, makes buying both consoles seem reasonable!

Ps5 is a weird looking beast. Surprisingly my wife likes it! That is a bit of a relief, as I imagine I was not alone in being concerned if it would be pass the wife test. Someone on eurogamer comments put it nicely, they complained that Sony had screwed us over as it would be impossible to sneak it in to the lounge and pretend that it had always been there! (something I did for ps4->PS4 pro)! My favourite comment was Ian from EasyAllies who said that it is the first console with labia!
Definitely going to put it in horizontal, and I imagine 99% of owners will do so.

Caporegime
I see there was another supposed leak on Amazon.FR yesterday - 20 Nov @ €399 and €499........if it comes in that cheap then I'll be all over it (though €100 for a UHD media drive seems excessive)!

They're probably selling the digital version at a loss but they'll easily make up the difference through digital sales, if more people move to digital it'll probably be more profitable for them overall.

Caporegime
That's a photoshop.

PA-16150760.jpg

so is that

:D

Soldato
I think I'm pretty set on PS5. No idea where I'm going to put it though. I'm not sure it'll fit anywhere in my entertainment centre. It'll probably have to go behind the TV.
Surely it will fit horizontal? Ps5 is going to be the width of something like an old school dvd player or av receiver - your entertainment centre is probably designed to take something wide.

Associate
Xbox doesn't make sense to most of us on here, as all the xbox exclusives will come out on pc. Having said that, the value proposition of an xbox vs a high end graphics card, makes buying both consoles seem reasonable!

My PC is upstairs but I enjoy gaming on the big TV downstairs - so having an Xbox for the exclusive games (and even multi-platform ones) makes sense to me. my PC is too big and loud (by living room standards anyway) to sit down by the TV - also I use it for work, so TV is not an ideal place anyway. I'll end up with both Series X and PS5 anyway, though I'm not sure that the space my PS4 Pro will leave behind is big enough to fit the PS5, will get the measuring tape out once the dimensions are officially released :)

Maybe it is just me, even with a good PC, a console is just a better setup for playing some games.

Soldato
Surely it will fit horizontal? Ps5 is going to be the width of something like an old school dvd player or av receiver - your entertainment centre is probably designed to take something wide.

It looks a lot bigger than a DVD player and much fatter and I wouldn’t want to put it one of the cut outs designed for these things even if it fits as it will surely overheat.

Soldato
The PS brand is much bigger and has a much wider audience than MS. For example, look at the PS5 thread page count vs the XSX page count... It's 3 times as many. Sony know they can hold their cards close to their chest and it won't affect sales and if anything, it is only increasing the hype train for it with all the speculation. There's plenty of pages on Social Media like Sportbible and Hypebeast discussing PS5 but I haven't seen any of them discuss XSX only the offical pages.

Shawrey

Broadly I agree. The Playstation brand is preeminent. But how many of those extra pages are speculation and rumour posts (ie basically guff?). The same goes for other online areas. Lots of guff.

Would be interesting to condense it down and compare actual meaningful content.

I would say a fair amount of the additional attention is given precisely because Sony keep everything under wraps. You know how it goes with rumour mills.

Then release a marmite console design to incite further discussion. It all helps to keep the subject relevant in the social media space.

It does show that tactically Sony are on the money with their marketing. But this gen the series x is a different animal to what the xb1 was on release.

Perhaps there is a silent majority confident in the raw power of the series x. Perhaps not.

I think history would suggest PS5 will outsell the series x 2:1. But with the power of the series x there may be a lot of pc gamers migrating to console as a cheaper alternative and in my view a lot of them with go with MS for obvious reasons.

Caporegime
Xbox never sells well in Japan, or Asia in general. They are at a severe disadvantage geographically in the market share in Asia by a long shot. They have to make up the numbers everywhere else, it's an uphill struggle before the race even started.

MS need to fix that or they will never win the sales numbers game. I think the PS3/360 gen was a fluke when Sony shot themselves in the foot by setting a really high price point and let 360 had a headstart.

Soldato
As a pc gamer I'm not even considering the XSX, all xbox exclusives will be coming to the PC and I have no intention of migrating. Last gen this wasn't the case and I bought both X1 and PS4. This time I will only be picking up the PS5 day 1. Anecdotally I don't know any pc gamers in my groups that I play with regularly that are looking to migrate either. Will be interesting to see sales numbers and I suspect MS will do well this gen but PS will still come out on top I suspect, not that I particularly care. I'm just looking forward to the Sony exclusives later on in the gen.

Back
Top Bottom