• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Offset that against the cost of new digital games being £60+ versus £45/£50 physical with a resell value and all of a sudden the digital console makes less sense despite its lower price point considering what is saved would be eaten up inside 3 purchases of new games..

Shawrey
I don’t care for selling old games. It’s a hassle to me.

digital is my preferred choice.

Edit. Apologies if that came across as blunt. You have a valid point :) I’m just happy clutter free.

Associate
Digital will be my choice due to game sharing. I have no drive on any of my computers and already have a 4K UHD player so there it is. I think the digital will be £399 btw.

Soldato
Digital will be my choice due to game sharing. I have no drive on any of my computers and already have a 4K UHD player so there it is. I think the digital will be £399 btw.

Wouldn't surprise me if Sony try and restrict the primary console/sharing thing somehow this gen. Lot of people do this and they must have the data to show the amount of lost sales.

Associate
Wouldn't surprise me if Sony try and restrict the primary console/sharing thing somehow this gen. Lot of people do this and they must have the data to show the amount of lost sales.
I hope they don't do anything dumb like that otherwise they will lose quite a few potential buyers.

Soldato
Another 'leak' is out from IronManPS5 (get the salt prepared). These prices match the Amazon France console prices and are where you'd expect them to be.

PS5 - £449
PS5 Digital - £349
Stand - £16.99
Dualsense - £54.99
Charging Cradle - £24.99
Camera - £54.99
3D Pulse Headset - £129
Media Remote - £24.99

I don't think they can get away with not including the stand, considering it's now required - not optional? Seems a weird choice.

Soldato
I don't think they can get away with not including the stand, considering it's now required - not optional? Seems a weird choice.

To be honest, I was thinking this also. It's not like the current Xbox where you don't necessarily need one, as this design does. But as per the post above, It would make sense if this was for those who need a replacement.

As much as I'd like the see these consoles at those prices, I honestly expect an extra £50 on them.

Associate
I don’t care for selling old games. It’s a hassle to me.

digital is my preferred choice.

Edit. Apologies if that came across as blunt. You have a valid point :) I’m just happy clutter free.

Not at all :) I too see the appeal of being clutter free and also have digital games myself so am guilty as charges. For me personally though, I would still like physical for the flexibility.

Shawrey

Soldato
Another 'leak' is out from IronManPS5 (get the salt prepared). These prices match the Amazon France console prices and are where you'd expect them to be.

PS5 - £449
PS5 Digital - £349
Stand - £16.99
Dualsense - £54.99
Charging Cradle - £24.99
Camera - £54.99
3D Pulse Headset - £129
Media Remote - £24.99

This is the guy who also leaked the early May full PS5 reveal and the fact it was going to be a 13Tf console - so he's got good background.

Soldato
The PS5 Digital coming out at £349 would be a very aggressive move.

I'm betting the PS5 and Series X cost the same amount, owing to lessons learnt from the PS3 and Xbox One launches. To this end, an "All Digital Edition" Series X seems probable. But where does that leave "Project Lockhart", if it exists? The "Series S" console wouldn't seem good value at £249 against the far more powerful PS5 and Series X at £349. Yet £199 seems implausibly cheap.

I don't believe this "leak" for a moment though to be honest. The leaker in question doesn't seem to have a good track record. But it'll be very interesting to see where prices wind up.

Last edited:
Associate
Cant believe what im about to say as a pc master race but i think with the likes of last of us 2 and ps5 games i think they have beaten anything pc games can throw at them. Its just down to pc developers not spending the money to make the stunning games for them as the money aint there.
These new consoles are going to put the final nail in the coffin for PC gaming.

Back
Top Bottom