How do you deal with unexpected condiments when eating out?

Caporegime
I would spray it all over myself, then take one of those crap forks and hold it under my armpit so it looks like I got shanked fam. Then put on my biggest compo face and claim teh epix monies.

Soldato
How do people deal with this kind of injustice?
That's more substandard condiments, rather than actually unexpected ones. You should expect that kind of **** in substandard local restaurants. Go somewhere classier.

Unexpected would be thinking you'd get ketchup and brown sauce, but instead find little dishes of flaked salmon, ginger and chilli in soy sauce... at which point you should panic, flap your arms like a mad'un, hoon around the room making the same noises as Jessica Knappett imitating an airhorn, run into the street while stripping naked, and then head home (bonus points for stopping in ASDA to shout at the cheese) to post a manic thread on an internet forum somewhere... Mumsnet should be the default arena to air your concerns, but I fear your thread would get lost amidst the other more deranged topics and deluge of abbreviated terms.

Soldato
Always one what?
A condiment is a spice, sauce, or preparation that is added to food, typically after cooking, to impart a specific flavor, to enhance the flavor, or to complement the dish. A table condiment or table sauce is more specifically a condiment that is served separately from the food and is added to taste by the diner.

As above its there to complement a dish not to 'make it taste of tomato'. Its like saying I don't add salt to my chips as I don't want to just taste salt ...

Associate
I want my food to taste of the food, not tomato. If I wanted to eat something that tastes of tomato, I'd eat a tomato.
The irony is, ketchup tastes nothing like tomato... Whether its high quality Gucci Ketchup or substandard Daddies Sauce, neither will taste like tomatoes. Just vinegar and sugar.

Also, is this how low GD has sunk? This place has changed.

/Salsa

Back
Top Bottom