Recommendations for either 27 or 32 inch Monitors

Associate
Good Evening All,

Currently gaming on a 43" Samsung 4k tv.... which is far too big for the desk and want to get a proper monitor for gaming and to plug my works laptop in (Just basic email and document stuff).

Currently stuck between getting either a 27”- Or 32”-inch panel (I feel you get more value for money with 27", though could be wrong).

Currently running a I9-9900k, 16gbs of ram and an RTX 20800, so aiming for around the 1440p mark. Budget is about £600.

Did look at the LG 27"GL850 (Sadly missed the deal) but not sure if 27 inch is to small and a 32" would give me that bit more screen real estate, or if there are better options out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Associate
For most people 27" 1440p is the sweet spot, for both quality and value for money. Decent pixel density and good size for a desk.

Soldato
How far do you sit from the screen?
32 can be pretty jarring and hard to get used to.

There is the 32 LG 650 VA panel for 300 which is pretty solid

Soldato
I downsized from a 43" Acer monitor to the Dell 32 Curved Gaming Monitor: S3220DGF.

It seems to be routinely reduced to a bit under £350 and is excellent value for money at that price.

I didn't really want to go curved, but whether it's that, or the smaller size, or the 165hz refresh, I've noticed a massive improvement in terms of comfort after switching from the Acer. When I had the Acer I constantly noticed myself having to move my head and refocus to look around the screen.

(If I was starting with a blank canvas, and wanted one, perfect monitor, I'd go for the same height but slightly wider - somewhere between this and an UltraWide (which is too wide IMO) - but I do a lot of document review and I had a plan to buy 2 small screens to have in portrait on each side of the Dell, so it made sense at the time.)

Hope that's of use.

Associate
OP
But there is a problem there is no 144hz+ IPS panels in 32" size so that makes 27" the only option. VA and TN are not exactly ideal.

Agreed and with the 27" you also get free sync G sync compatibility which is also a helpful feature in my opinion.

How far do you sit from the screen?
32 can be pretty jarring and hard to get used to.

There is the 32 LG 650 VA panel for 300 which is pretty solid

I am going to desk mount it and have it pushed back so about 50 to 60 cms away (going by desk depth). Will have a look at the 32 LG 650 today.

@garnett - Thank you for the recommendation, I have a look at the Dell.

Thanks everyone.

Soldato
Agreed and with the 27" you also get free sync G sync compatibility which is also a helpful feature in my opinion.

I am going to desk mount it and have it pushed back so about 50 to 60 cms away (going by desk depth). Will have a look at the 32 LG 650 today.

@garnett - Thank you for the recommendation, I have a look at the Dell.

Thanks everyone.
Just to add... 50-60 CMS is a bit closer than I sit to mine, so ignore what I said about wanting a slightly bigger screen. I'd say 32" is plenty.

I think at that distance you should definitely go curved screen.

The Dell isn't certified as G-sync but it has worked in G-sync for every game I've tried it in.

Associate
OP
Just to add... 50-60 CMS is a bit closer than I sit to mine, so ignore what I said about wanting a slightly bigger screen. I'd say 32" is plenty.

I think at that distance you should definitely go curved screen.

The Dell isn't certified as G-sync but it has worked in G-sync for every game I've tried it in.

I checked my sitting postions again and I am a bit further away than what I imagined (just guessed by desk size which wasnt the best idea, hence being off a bit).

Thanks for the suggestion, just watching youtube videos on the Dell, also the LG 27 GL850 and LG 32 GK 650, will pull the trigger and buy one tomorrow for a monday delivery.

Associate
If you particularly like Dell and are considering a 27" at all, they are launching a gl850 competitor end this month. The S2721DGF, 165hz, 1440p, 1ms etc

Back
Top Bottom