*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
Any reason why YT 4K doesn't work on the iPhone X yet? It's OLED and HDR-capable so it seems strange to leave this model out.

Codec wars, ok thats hyperbole :) but afaik Youtube use VP9 for the higher resolutions but Apple won't use VP9 they use HEVC, so no high resolution on Apple devices (at least until possibly the next round of software updates, ios14 etc?)

We need to wait until Youtube and Apple play ball, or they both switch to the next codec, not sure what that will be.

Soldato
Has anyone actually come across any serious bugs? The camera app has hung a few times but other than that I've not noticed anything at all. It's pretty solid for a beta.

Soldato
Has anyone actually come across any serious bugs? The camera app has hung a few times but other than that I've not noticed anything at all. It's pretty solid for a beta.

I installed the public beta 2 on my iPhone XS Max and upgraded to 3 recently. It’s been extremely stable in every day use with no problems with any of my daily use apps. So much so that I’m thinking of upgrading my iPad Pro as well.

Associate
OP
I would not use these betas in any critical scenarios where you needed 100% stability. Most apps work but I’ve had a few weird glitches where camera/video doesn’t work now and again, the odd app crash or fail to load. Nothing to bad but for example I wouldn’t have this on my main phone if I was going on a trip or to an event.

Soldato
Nope, here's an iPhone8

Well then I’m well confused :p I have an iPhone XS. I’ve done a hard reset and tried moving the apps around, but still nothing. I have 6 rows of apps on the Home Screen (7 rows including the dock)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have an 11 Pro and the gap is bigger than your 8 but it would need to be almost twice the size to get another row in there with the correct spacing. The poster above doesn't have the page dots so it looks much larger than it actually is for everyone who has more than one page.

Back
Top Bottom