*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
up until now? Why?

I just mean that I’ve heard the beta has been stable (as in the first Developer Beta). As opposed to other years where the betas have been fairly unstable.

Edit: Although, I still hear the Barclays app isn’t working as per most betas.

Permabanned
I just mean that I’ve heard the beta has been stable (as in the first Developer Beta). As opposed to other years where the betas have been fairly unstable.

Edit: Although, I still hear the Barclays app isn’t working as per most betas.

There’s only two out and it’s stable. I’m on it now and I can’t see any issues. What you want testing?

Commissario
I don’t want to install this on my live phone but I’d like to have a play. My daughter upgraded her iPhone 6S to an 8 and then the 8 to an X.
She never got rid of the older ones but she can’t find either of them. That’s really frustrating.

Soldato
Decided to start with the new iPad OS - not going for a phone beta again as I basically only bank via mobile now and don't really want the hassle. Looking forward to having a good play tomorrow

Soldato
How sensitive is the double/triple back tap function? It sounds like it could be a very positive addition to usability. What I would really like is for it to trigger a back swipe, but I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the beta reviews.

Permabanned
How sensitive is the double/triple back tap function? It sounds like it could be a very positive addition to usability. What I would really like is for it to trigger a back swipe, but I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the beta reviews.

It's not enabled on an iphone 8. No setting there

1. On your iPhone, head to Settings > Accessibility
  2. Tap Touch
  3. Swipe to the bottom and choose Back Tap
  4. Tap Double Tap or Triple Tap to pick an action
  5. Don’t forget you can use a Double or Triple Back Tap to launch automations with Shortcuts

Associate
Can you setup custom zones yet in Homekit for external cameras yet in this version of the beta ?

Got a Logitech security camera on the front of my house & had to turn alerts off as everytime a car went went past I was getting alerts, which is not ideal (in IOS13 that is)

Cheers all

Back
Top Bottom