They should have used Taser on all of them...

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Or...listen to the calm polite police officer when they ask you to come for a private chat?
But... why? Because he is a policeman? Absolute tosh.

Not while my child is dying, not even if my own mum asked me to talk outside, we can talk in here while I'm still holding my dying child's hand.

The unreasonablness came from the police when they did not take up that offer. Soulless.

Caporegime
But... why? Because he is a policeman? Absolute tosh.

Not while my child is dying, not even if my own mum asked me to talk outside, we can talk in here while I'm still holding my dying child's hand.

The unreasonablness came from the police when they did not take up that offer. Soulless.

The guy had assaulted a hospital worker. Had been asked/told repeatedly by hospital staff to leave. His circumstances, no matter how utterly horrible they are, do no put him above the law. The police could have barrelled in and dragged him out. They didn't. They approached calmly and reasonably and repeated their request (note request not demand) multiple times. There was one person who acted unreasonably throughout. The father. He could have gone, as they asked, and had a quiet chat elsewhere which yes, may well have ended in arrest but no.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
No, they could not have barrelled in and dragged him out, and if you think that's something they are allowed to do then, my god, this country has gone to ****.

The policeman's request for a conversation outside was met with a request to have the conversation there at the bedside after being explained the reason why.

The unreasonable ones were the uncompassionate, robotic bullies/officers.

Know your rights people. Our police have gone from ignorant bullies, through informed officers and back to ignorant bullies again.

Man of Honour
Police should be allowed to carry guns for situations like this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eving-father-dying-six-year-old-daughter.html

Shocking footage obtained by The Mail on Sunday shows how police officers violently dragged a grieving father from the hospital bedside of his dying daughter shortly after he had been told her life support was being withdrawn.

The harrowing film from a police body camera shows the moment Rashid Abbasi, a 59-year-old hospital consultant, was wrenched away from his critically ill six-year-old daughter by an officer holding his neck.

There is very little appetite for police officers to be routinely armed in this country

Man of Honour
No, they could not have barrelled in and dragged him out, and if you think that's something they are allowed to do then, my god, this country has gone to ****.

The policeman's request for a conversation outside was met with a request to have the conversation there at the bedside after being explained the reason why.

The unreasonable ones were the uncompassionate, robotic bullies/officers.

Know your rights people. Our police have gone from ignorant bullies, through informed officers and back to ignorant bullies again.

Based on what do you make that assumption ?

Personal experience ? The media ?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Based on what do you make that assumption ?

Personal experience ? The media ?
The ignorant bullies assumption? Personal experience. My childhood I was called **** (e: racist term) numerous times whilst being thrown into the back of a van, and I got it easy compared with some friends. As I got older the police seemed to behave with much more respect and honour when conversing with the public, however the past approx 4 years have exposed me to some shockingly ignorant officers who speak without patience or attempt of understanding.

Do you disagree? Or have you noticed it within your troop?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Do you believe the police have to pander to the requests of suspected criminals?

I believe the police should show common sense and compassion when attending to a patient or family member within a hospital.

If that's what you mean by your sensationalist reinterpretation of the event, that is.

Caporegime
I believe the police should show common sense and compassion when attending to a patient or family member within a hospital.

If that's what you mean by your sensationalist reinterpretation of the event, that is.

It's literally what happened in the video! So you believe people's personal feelings should override any crimes they've potentially committed?

Man of Honour
Or...listen to the calm polite police officer when they ask you to come for a private chat?
We're clearly not going to agree here and we both know it. In such a situation I view the (soon to be) bereaved parents as just as much victims of the situation as the poor girl. As I said before my sympathy and compassion go out to them. As far as I am aware the police are not trained to deal with such a distressed person. Or if you know otherwise please enlighten me as to their training for this.

Caporegime
We're clearly not going to agree here and we both know it. In such a situation I view the (soon to be) bereaved parents as just as much a victim of the situation as the poor girl. As I said before I sympathy and compassion go out to them. As far as I am aware the police are not trained to deal with such a distressed person. Or if you know otherwise please enlighten me as to their training for this.

You're neglecting the victim of the assault.

Man of Honour
You're neglecting the victim of the assault.
In what way am I neglecting the victim of the assault? They know who the accused is. They know where he lives. Why do you think he could not be warned there and then without dragging him away and then talked to in a more serious way after this is all over? So in what way am I neglecting the alleged victim?

Caporegime
In what way am I neglecting the victim of the assault? They know who the accused is. They know where he lives. Why do you think he could not be warned there and then without dragging him away and then talked to in a more serious way after this is all over? So in what way am I neglecting the alleged victim?

Because it was a medical ward, not the place to be questioning the suspect of an assault. Hence why he was asked repeatedly to go somewhere else.

Capodecina
Soldato
Please come out to the car park for a "quiet chat".
Oops, mind that step . . .
. . . poor guy, he fell down the stairs.

The Police Officers involved clearly lacked both experience and compassion - as Rumsfeld said, "Stuff happens" - time for a wee bit of training.

Back
Top Bottom