• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Y'all do realise there is a limit to what consumers are willing to spend on a GPU?? And FYI, the 2080TI was too much. Hence why they sold poorly (numbers) and why they had to release "turing 2" with the Supers.
You're wrong about the 2080Ti. Nvidia didn't reduce the price or release a Super version. They were clearly happy with lower sales, compared to the 1080Ti, but a much higher margin.

Associate
Sold my msi gaming X trio rtx 2080ti about a week ago. On Intel uhd 630 graphics until ampere comes out.

I think the main thing for the top tier card is to try and reach 144hz (I have an x27) at 4k. Forget about rtx for now, it's too demanding. Although this is still unrealistic for most games as assassin's creed etc you barely get 50.

Hope the cards release in the first week of September, don't think I can wait much longer!! I think the 3090 will be at least £1499 imo. This will be my first founders card (if I can get one that is..).

Soldato
There's hardly any difference at high resolutions in the benchmarks ive seen comparing PCI 4.0 Vs 3.0.

We don't know if it will make any difference yet. Cards are not here. Next gen consoles are not here and next gen games still to be seen.

Also even if there is a difference it's not like it's gonna be unplayable on PCIe3 mobo so it wont be a big deal.

But this is yet to be seen.

Associate
Does putting a waterblock on void Nvidia warranty?
as I understand it in the UK at least removing a cooler doesn't void any warranty per se but if you damage anything in the process you are on your own.

In practice though I can see you having a very difficult argument with the manufacturer if they challenge you because if they are outside the UK then they could be very difficult with no real recourse, make sure you buy on credit card as always

Associate
We don't know if it will make any difference yet. Cards are not here. Next gen consoles are not here and next gen games still to be seen.

Also even if there is a difference it's not like it's gonna be unplayable on PCIe3 mobo so it wont be a big deal.

But this is yet to be seen.

Once in local fast ram, PCIE speed is meaningless. Unless you're streaming data from sys ram to vram, it doesn't really matter and in comparison to vram anythign else is so slow you would never want to swap data across any bus ever or you'd have significant performance issues to cope with. No reason for concern as far as I am aware. SLI speeds perhaps? Is that a thing anymore or was it ever significant against the bus speed? feels like a latency thing anyway and so aside from the initial data transfers of textures etc from disk or ram to gfx card then meh - might as well be AGP.

Back
Top Bottom