One Plus Nord

Sho

Sho

Soldato
ah calls, forgot about that. Now that it good. I had a very long phone call yesterday on my 5 mile "time to get fit" walk. Traffic and wind noise was a bit of a pain, but it was very busy and I was walking right next to a dual carridgeway at the time, but they could clearly hear me so the mic must be good. Thinking about it, I only had to ask them to repeat themselves twice in the hour, so shows you how good they are.

for me, they are a 9/10. That missing point is the fitment. If it was slightly more apple like, it would be so much better....but I am nitpicking here. They are good, and for the price, I think really good value.

There are much more expensive wireless buds on the market, far worse than these!

As long it the buds sits there i'll be happy. These will be my first wireless buds. Not used one before. Will be ordering later on. Thanks.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
How's the battery life?

Battery life is very good. According to my Nord last full charge was 24 hours ago. Screen time is 6hr 12mins and have 22% battery life. Should last me untill Midnight.

I watch live football on my phone. Watch a lot of youtube, music and browse a lot on my phone. Important documents etc. Location and bluetooth (smart band) are always on Use bluetooth headset almost everyday in the gym.

Soldato
OP
Battery life is very good. According to my Nord last full charge was 24 hours ago. Screen time is 6hr 12mins and have 22% battery life. Should last me untill Midnight.

I watch live football on my phone. Watch a lot of youtube, music and browse a lot on my phone. Important documents etc. Location and bluetooth (smart band) are always on Use bluetooth headset almost everyday in the gym.

That sounds very good.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Been using the Oneplus buds now for a few days. And it's been brilliant. Sits on my ears nicely. I've been to the gym with them and had no issues so far. But i haven't used the treadmill yet :p
Voice calls are good too. Noice cancellation isn't the best. But will do me as these are my first wireless buds.

Soldato
Been using the Oneplus buds now for a few days. And it's been brilliant. Sits on my ears nicely. I've been to the gym with them and had no issues so far. But i haven't used the treadmill yet :p
Voice calls are good too. Noice cancellation isn't the best. But will do me as these are my first wireless buds.

Pleased you like them. The noise cancellation might not be the best, but it's a lot better than the airpods lol

Associate
I'm considering buying a Nord outright to avoid a new contract and stick to my SIMO with O2. I'm giving it another month or so to see where the reviews go though. I'm also tempted by an 8T if they release one

Associate
Big price difference between a Nord vs a 8 or the 8T when it comes out.

I sent my Nord back and got a Pixel 4 XL for not much more money. Very happy with my Pixel at moment. If the normal sized 8T comes with Wireless charging , consider myself interested.

Associate
Big price difference between a Nord vs a 8 or the 8T when it comes out.

I sent my Nord back and got a Pixel 4 XL for not much more money. Very happy with my Pixel at moment. If the normal sized 8T comes with Wireless charging , consider myself interested.
The main thing the Nord has going for it for me is that camera, and the fact it's only £469 for 256gb...

Associate
The main thing the Nord has going for it for me is that camera, and the fact it's only £469 for 256gb...

To be honest i wasnt that happy with the camera quality on it. Although it has had a few more updates it should be a bit better. But yeah the macro camera lens is pretty much redundant and a waste of space.

256Gb is too much space for my use , but of course some people like to horde it. Even 128Gb was too much for me , i only use about 40Gb on my Pixel at the moment.

Associate
To be honest i wasnt that happy with the camera quality on it. Although it has had a few more updates it should be a bit better. But yeah the macro camera lens is pretty much redundant and a waste of space.

256Gb is too much space for my use , but of course some people like to horde it. Even 128Gb was too much for me , i only use about 40Gb on my Pixel at the moment.
Aah that sucks... I find myself taking quite a lot of up-close pictures (mostly for no reason, just cool bugs or butterflies, or some cool effect on my car...) so the Macro camera appealed - but then I read that the 7T can utilise its telephoto lens to act similar to a macro lens!

As for space - My current OP 5T is 64gb and it's been 90-100% full for about 2 years now. Lots of photos/videos (using Google drive but I like to keep certain ones on my phone), Spotify downloaded, games etc.

Soldato
Got one coming tommorow. Been holding on for the pixel 4a or 5 since much earlier this year but can't wait any longer . Couldn't even get a 4a from the states because the delivery dates are a month away after the initial ones sold out.

Hope the screen is good because I spent a week deciding whether to go for the x50 5g or Nord and it only seems to be the screen that makes a difference

Soldato
Downloaded and installed the latest update now its coming up with emergency only for my Three sim no internet at all what the hell going on?

Edit: Working again now very weird didnt do anything

Soldato
Guessing this might be for overseas emerging markets, but a Oneplus Clover leaked as a potential $200 device.

Going by the specs though, nothing that would interest anyone here.

Soldato
I've been indecisive about these mid range phones for ages because they aren't that much better performance wise than my pixel 2 was.

What I didn't really take into account was battery savings that these new chips provide. about to run out but have had 8 hours screen time. Browsing and videos mainly but also used NFC payments plenty and a half hour navigation on maps. So light use but the pixel 2 was struggling to hit 4 hours doing the same things

Only complaint of the phone is the speaker sits right where I rest it on my finger as I'm holding it. A downside of filling the phone with screen I suppose

Soldato
Would this be a better than one of the Chinese phone models then? Like the realme or Xiaomi?

OP are a Chinese brand :)

OP are known for a clean Android experience while other Chinese manufacturers load up with bloat, though OP are slowly adding bloat as time goes on.

The Nord is a good phone at an attractive price. Whether you could find better elsewhere for a similar price comes down to what you want.

Back
Top Bottom