• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
So are there going to be Ti and S versions or are they simplifying things this time round? I guess a 3090 is a given?

Although didn’t the S’s only come out to spoil AMD’s party when they released 5700’s? In effect shifting the AMD’s down a tier?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Few days ago was before they announced the 3000 series cards. People weren't expecting nvidia to drop the price of the new cards to more reasonable levels, they also weren't expecting the 3070 to beat a 2080ti by some margin.

We also have to wait to see if its concrete. If there were RTX 'on', DLSS helping out or other twists then people will be disappointed if it only beats it in certain conditions.

Caporegime
Few days ago was before they announced the 3000 series cards. People weren't expecting nvidia to drop the price of the new cards to more reasonable levels, they also weren't expecting the 3070 to beat a 2080ti by some margin.

A 3070 is £469 and beats a 2080ti. So you have to account for that.

Lol. It doesnt beat it by some margin. Its on a Nvidia graph and is a micro fraction higher than the 2080ti in relative performance so will beat a 2080ti only with DLSS and RTX on.

In general you are right though be no need to exaggerate!

Soldato
Wut? Seems a big premium $500 for maybe 5% -10% more performance is 'some' situations. Specs seem far too close to spend the extra on the 3090 to me.

It has 20% more cudas and more faster memory. As well as more tensor and RTX stuff. So we could be talking 30-40%.

For me it depends how fast it is. As no doubt if I buy a 3080 I’ll get burned and want a 3080Ti when that is released. I’ve had that happen before hense why I went 2080Ti last time :).

Back
Top Bottom