• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
And theyr'e doing an S, which I think may not have 8k, disc drive and something else and if thats' the case but the tech is basically the same at £299 is a steal! How they will do this is beyond me!

Wont be the first or the last time a console manufacturer sold the actual console at a big loss and then relied on making money from selling the games.

Caporegime
Wont be the first or the last time a console manufacturer sold the actual console at a big loss and then relied on making money from selling the games.

Yup, original xbox and 360 i believe were sold at a loss, 360 must have cost them a bomb with the rrod, near sure it cost over a billion+ to sort all the replacements.

Soldato
Smart move by Microsoft with the £249 S model. That'll be very popular this Xmas for a lot of people, mainly parents I expect wanting to get their kids the next-gen games console.

As they won't have a clue what the X @ £449 does better for the £ or versus the PS5 pricing when announced lol. So will just think £249 is ample for my kid, which tbh I'd agree with if I was buying for my kid.

And theyr'e doing an S, which I think may not have 8k, disc drive and something else and if thats' the case but the tech is basically the same at £299 is a steal! How they will do this is beyond me!

The S is 1440p

Love the fact those "0% APR pay monthly deal" prices make the X £695 and S £503... only double the original cost :D

That'll be the next scandal soon. Advertising 0% APR deals with the price being double or very close too....

Soldato
Smart move by Microsoft with the £249 S model. That'll be very popular this Xmas for a lot of people, mainly parents I expect wanting to get their kids the next-gen games console.

As they won't have a clue what the X @ £449 does better for the £ or versus the PS5 pricing when announced lol. So will just think £249 is ample for my kid, which tbh I'd agree with if I was buying for my kid.

The S is 1440p

Love the fact those "0% APR pay monthly deal" prices make the X £695 and S £503... only double the original cost :D

That'll be the next scandal soon. Advertising 0% APR deals with the price being double or very close too....

They'll claim that it's the game pass that causes the extra cost.

Soldato

Yeah but if you get unlimited access to a massive game library for that, its not too bad. On demand subscriptions models likely the way forward now, look at TV viewing the likes of Netflix and Prime.

Soldato

You're saving £10 over two years with the plan, so basically a month of Game Pass for free. For people able to buy it outright it's not worth it. But there's plenty of people out there who can't or won't pay outright on a console for whatever reason.

Soldato
Ahh my bad - didn’t realise the Game Pass thing was included or it’s value. Makes a bit more sense then.

But yeah @ £249 for the S if I was bothered about hiring one you’d just go outright. Sure it’ll make sense for the Pass for some...

One expensive year. Need Sony to announce their pricing as for me it’s 3080 + PS5. Already got the new LG 55CX TV, good job lockdown enabled me to save money for all this. :p

Soldato
Any you ampere buyers getting cold feet with rdna 2 claims.

A new era of leadership performance across computing and graphics is coming. The journey begins on October 8.

EhfE2vWXkAIpf3s

Back
Top Bottom