• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
Just signed-up to say that like many of you folks I'm in the same boat.
I managed to put a MSI Gamer X in the cart at 14:15, payment went through at 15:10. Haven't received an order confirmation yet, and status shows "New order - awaiting payment status".
Here's hoping...

I thought the PS5 preorders launching last night were bad... oh boy today's launch was another level of madness!

Associate
Hi all, long time reader, first time poster.
That was a "fun" experience. Just pre-ordered the ASUS TUF (non-OC) from OCUK.
I have a HP Reverb G2 on pre-order, so in no particular rush. But I am excited to finally upgrade to this from an RX480 (4GB).

Associate
14:35 went through for me here. Still no confirmation email and payment is still pending...

I will feel much better once I just get a confirmation email from OC. I got one from Paypal right away, so the money is pending...

Soldato
14:35 went through for me here. Still no confirmation email and payment is still pending...

I will feel much better once I just get a confirmation email from OC. I got one from Paypal right away, so the money is pending...

Same mate, usually see a email from them around what 4/5PM? hopefully its just cause of mad rush and site constantly going down there delayed

Associate
Hi all, long time reader, first time poster.
That was a "fun" experience. Just pre-ordered the ASUS TUF (non-OC) from OCUK.
I have a HP Reverb G2 on pre-order, so in no particular rush. But I am excited to finally upgrade to this from an RX480 (4GB).

Upgrading from a 290x, fs2020 is painful at the moment.

Associate
Really, what an embarrassment. Prices all over the place, no info on stocks all the way up to launch, and the website falls over for 3 hours as soon as it goes live. It's a new enthusiast gaming card, not a new iphone. You'd think they'd be able to scale the servers to handle it

Caporegime
Just gone to add the MSI 3080 Ventura.
Listed as £649.99
Check basket and priced at £719.99
Have they really just added an extra £70 to these cards already. I'm guessing the £649.99 must be a cached price from earlier.
Think I will wait until the madness has reduced and stick with my Vegas 56 a little longer.
He did explain about the weakening pound earlier but £70 in a blink of an eye. That sounds ridiculous. This afternoon has felt like Glastonbury (getting the tickets) :p.

Soldato
I ended up having to go to a competitor where i got in with stock still available, placed my order, had my bank decline the payment (from my savings account I never use, so shoulda seen it coming), eventually got it unblocked and when payment went through it turned out to be a preorder now (24th Sept ETA). £689 for a zotac, which compares favourably to the £719 on ocuk now!

Last edited:
Soldato
4 times I tried to pay by CC and OCUK kept timing out whilst finalising the transaction, it took until 15:19 to actually get an order through.

I went for the MSI Gaming X Trio, reviews look good but OC have not price gouged it (RRP is £759), where as I almost got a TUF Gaming OC (My first choice) for £689 from a competitor but I also failed to get it to the basket and OCUK have rather marked that one up to the point the MSI looked good VFM!

Lets see, I ordered so late that despite the "ETA: 18th September" I am expecting I'll have to wait sometime yet as I'm sure any stock coming in tomorrow will go to those lucky people who managed to get through the checkout close to 14:00..

Associate
Just looking at the reviews for the ASUS TUF Gaming OC. Seems to be 15-20c cooler than every other reviewed card. Most cards are in the 75-80c range during full load.

Seems like some BIOS BS to me.... Can't be real?

Associate
I managed to get a Gigabyte Eagle from OCUK, order is in my account saying awaiting payment status even though the money has been taken from my account. No confirmationn email yet.

Associate
There's some real shadey stuff going on here.

3 Different friends, all ordered from different sites at 14:01 at the latest, all in stock......payment taken from cards - only now to all receive emails (at near identical times) saying the item was over sold and I am now in a queue. HONESTLY ARE THESE BIG COMPANIES RUNNING E-COMMERCE STORES LIKE MY NAN WOULD? - Why are you taking payment of products you DO NOT HAVE TO SELL. The sites are shocking, all of them. And surprisingly guess what? all 3 cards we ordered and WERE SHOWING IN STOCK have now gone up in price?

This business is shady as heck. Did all the big eCommerce companies go to a Jensen party, put their keys in the fish bowl and leave the next day with souvenir Leather jackets to sniff to remember their night?

Horrific experience. Never again.

Back
Top Bottom