• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Man what an ordeal. Had Nvidia, scan, Ocuk and amazon all open, took me over an hour to get one from scan. Had two different cards in the basket at ocuk, site crashed! Noticed OCUK have some cards in stock pretty much with arrival over the next week.

Didn't see ANY founders cards, went from notify to out of stock mysteriously, did they honestly allocate any to the UK?

Soldato
No way the nvidia website had any stock. Wasn't interested in buying but was checking the whole time.

So many people on this thread saying the will get the FE edition. No need to buy AIB versions, I wonder how many changed their mind and tried to get an AIB version.

Associate
Don't know if I got a a card or not or maybe 2? Had several sites open, Nvidia went out of stock immediately then another site that had stock the order went through as far as payment then crashed after payment was confirmed, getting to that point took almost an hour. Meanwhile I had the same with another site. Mailed both one has some back to say they are still going through orders and will mail me to confirm if I got a card soon.

So I may have no card or two - who knows. What a cluster....

Associate
Don't know if I got a a card or not or maybe 2? Had several sites open, Nvidia went out of stock immediately then another site that had stock the order went through as far as payment then crashed after payment was confirmed, getting to that point took almost an hour. Meanwhile I had the same with another site. Mailed both one has some back to say they are still going through orders and will mail me to confirm if I got a card soon.

So I may have no card or two - who knows. What a cluster....

I had this from s**n, got confirmation, but about 4 hours later had confirmation payment had been processed and just waiting on dispatch now

Soldato
Man what an ordeal. Had Nvidia, scan, Ocuk and amazon all open, took me over an hour to get one from scan. Had two different cards in the basket at ocuk, site crashed! Noticed OCUK have some cards in stock pretty much with arrival over the next week.

Didn't see ANY founders cards, went from notify to out of stock mysteriously, did they honestly allocate any to the UK?
Had a good read on the nvidia forums and apparently a lot of bots were involved which screwed up nvidias store site...

Soldato
That was the most terrible launch I ever seen.

It was exciting at first then 30 mins of refreshing pages was getting very bored.

I managed to get the palit which is one of the ones I liked at half decent price £689. The reviews look fairly good on the card it has good noise levels and performance in games is same as reference.

The palit does score lower on 3d mark than other cards by quite a bit but that doesn't bother me.

Just happy it isn't a loud pos, because I didn't actually read any reviews before I bought it.

Soldato
Think I'll wait for Big Navi after this shocker of a launch.

No matter what the state of the launch, if you're not desperate for a card it's absolutely worth waiting for AMD to play their cards. You've not really got much to lose waiting a few more weeks. AMD may surprise us. But I'm not getting on the hype train that's for sure!

Soldato
Absolute shambles, Nvidia need to be ashamed of themselves, let's hope AMD don't try the same trick.

It will be exactly the same next week with the 3090 and the month after with the 3070.

Associate
This has been a disaster for both suppliers and Nvidia. Fingers crossed NOBODY EVER lets their marketing team manage a new product release like this again. Currently sat looking at a RTX 3080 order on another site (that had a functional site at 2pm and was in stock when ordered) stuck at "awaiting picking" with email confirmations (at 10:30pm) confirming an estimated delivery for Sept 18th. Overclockers, ******, scan and many others will have had long term relationships with customers damaged buy this fiasco today. Not to mention last minute price changes, orders that went out of stock while processing, duplicated ordering and ZERO insight on the final price and stock level at the point of sale due to website overload... I'm not surprised Amazon kept a distance from this.

Associate
Absolute shambles, Nvidia need to be ashamed of themselves, let's hope AMD don't try the same trick.

It will be exactly the same next week with the 3090 and the month after with the 3070.

I think this is exactly what Nvidia wanted, they're probably celebrating right now..

Caporegime
This has been a disaster for both suppliers and Nvidia. Fingers crossed NOBODY EVER lets their marketing team manage a new product release like this again. Currently sat looking at a RTX 3080 order on another site (that had a functional site at 2pm and was in stock when ordered) stuck at "awaiting picking" with email confirmations (at 10:30pm) confirming an estimated delivery for Sept 18th. Overclockers, ******, scan and many others will have had long term relationships with customers damaged buy this fiasco today. Not to mention last minute price changes, orders that went out of stock while processing, duplicated ordering and ZERO insight on the final price and stock level at the point of sale due to website overload... I'm not surprised Amazon kept a distance from this.

yep, looks like a shambles.

Glad i wasn't involved/didn't want one anyway :p

Back
Top Bottom