• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R7 3700x vs r5 5600x

Associate
Buildzoid's video was quite convincing on the gaming advantage of 5600X over 3700X.

Speed seems to edge out cores if you're aiming for gaming.

Soldato
5600x should be faster but it's all guesswork because none of us have tested it.

The reviews will give us the correct answer and will be very exciting to watch so why not wait?

Soldato
True, but it's also fun to discuss things and make predictions.

I agree it's fun, I speculate all the time in the Zen 3 thread.
But this is a serious thread about somebody actually spending their own money on their dad.

I suspect the 5600x will be faster but I would feel bad if it's not and the op buys one.

Associate
I guess it depends on use cases - I'm debating whether to get a 5900x or a 3950x . I suspect the price difference will make a (second hand) 3950x the value choice. Especially as I suspect I will be able to get one for sub £400 come November.

Associate
I agree it's fun, I speculate all the time in the Zen 3 thread.
But this is a serious thread about somebody actually spending their own money on their dad.

I suspect the 5600x will be faster but I would feel bad if it's not and the op buys one.
Fair point- purchasing decisions shouldn't be finalised when we're only a few weeks from definitive information.

Associate
I guess it depends on use cases - I'm debating whether to get a 5900x or a 3950x . I suspect the price difference will make a (second hand) 3950x the value choice. Especially as I suspect I will be able to get one for sub £400 come November.
I think that's probably right. 5900X ahead in gaming, close in multi core stuff, but a big saving on for the older 16 core.

Back
Top Bottom