• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Yeah that is bs, if they put our paid for gigabyte cards into pre-built systems. What the heck OC. A part of me wants to just cancel, but then Chances are I won't recieve it this year and I want it for Cyberpunk

Associate
competitor had some 3090 palits just now. they lasted the whole of 1 min before they were gone. I dont see the draw of the 3090 myself but obviously still popular

Associate
Yeah that is bs, if they put our paid for gigabyte cards into pre-built systems. What the heck OC. A part of me wants to just cancel, but then Chances are I won't recieve it this year and I want it for Cyberpunk
thats one of the games that i im gonna get the 3080 for

Associate
Can I honestly ask why is it that competitors in UK are able to give so much more information. Same time every day. And give break downs and have, and share knowledge of 3080s and 3090s expected 7+ days away will full set of tables updated same time everyday.

Come on @Gibbo we all would appreciate detailed information like this even if NDAs or what ever are stoping from exact numbers other places are able to said exactly how many ordered, how many due and how many have gone out.

Holding hope every day for a crumb of information and getting one sentence being posted erratically on your thread honestly is doing so much damage to OCUK Brand. You only have to look at the Trust Pilot reviews.

Example of the detailed information that's given every day at the same time else where below. Not only this but a full table updated each day.

I CAN HONESTLY SAY IF GIBBO DID THIS EVERY DAY SAME TIME WITH A TABLE ON THE WEBSITE SHOWING WHATS COMING IN OR EXPECTED A WEEK PLUS AWAY. I THINK HARDLY ANYONE WOULD BE IN THIS THREAD COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DRIBS AND DRABS OF SPECULATIVE INFORMATION WE GET.

This is the sort of detailed information given every day from elsewhere, along with detailed chart tables. Of each card version and model

""14/10/20 - Today we are shipping EVGA RTX 3080, this week we are still expecting arrival of RTX 3080 from GIGABYTE, PALIT and ZOTAC, as well as RTX 3090 from ASUS, PALIT and ZOTAC. We will be providing current queue positions or ETAs via email before the end of the day. We are working hard to confirm the outstanding TBC shipments and will update the table each day with the latest information. We appreciate your patience and support."""

Edit: also if honestly OCUK don't know and not getting this sort of information from AIBs and or distributors when plenty of other places are, what does this same about the respect OCUK have with them. Or OCUK just not chasing this info and getting it like other are.

Last edited:
Associate
I really wonder how they didn't get a single RTX 3080 Asus strix non OC, this is getting really scary, i just want a card, all my work depends on it and i been stuck for a month, i'm losing my mind and i'm too afraid to cancel because i know it wont get me anywhere, such low lack of communication, it's really leaving such a negative impact..
Make sure you are available to place an order for the RTX3070 on launch day, and stop being a sheep with wool all over your back! Order something a bit leftfield which you stand a chance of receiving. Instead of trying to go with the crowd aiming at the most popular card,try one of the lesser fancied ones - that's the trick to getting one.

Associate
Im seeing all these lucky b****** getting their Palit cards shipped and i only went down 12 places in the queue. Oh well, I can spare the wait atleast. Have fun with your cards anyone who gets one shipped.

Associate
Can I honestly ask why is it that competitors in UK are able to give so much more information. Same time every day. And give break downs and have and share knowledge of 3080s and 3090s expected 7+ days away will full set of tables updated same time everyday.

Come on @Gibbo we all would appreciate detailed information like this even if NDAs or what ever are stoping from exact numbers other places are able to said exactly how many ordered, how many due and how many have gone out.

Holding hope every day for a crumb of information one one sentence being posted erratically on your thread honestly is doing so much damage to OCUK Brand. You only have to look at the Trust Pilot reviews.

Example of the detailed information that's given every day at the same time else where below. Not only this but a full table updated each day.

I CAN HONESTLY SAY IF GIBBO DID THIS EVERY DAY SAME TOME WITH A TABLE ON THE WEBSITE SHOWING WHATS COMING IN OR EXPECTED A WEEK PLUS AWAY. I THINK HARDLY ANYONE WOULD BE IN THIS THREAD COMPLAINING AND THE DRIBS AND DRABS OF SPECULATIVE INFORMATION WE GET.

""14/10/20 - Today we are shipping EVGA RTX 3080, this week we are still expecting arrival of RTX 3080 from GIGABYTE, PALIT and ZOTAC, as well as RTX 3090 from ASUS, PALIT and ZOTAC. We will be providing current queue positions or ETAs via email before the end of the day. We are working hard to confirm the outstanding TBC shipments and will update the table each day with the latest information. We appreciate your patience and support."""
If he did that then this thread would be half (probably less) as long with people constantly asking the same questions as yesterday and expecting different answers :p

Associate
Can I honestly ask why is it that competitors in UK are able to give so much more information. Same time every day. And give break downs and have and share knowledge of 3080s and 3090s expected 7+ days away will full set of tables updated same time everyday.

Holding hope every day for a crumb of information one one sentence being posted erratically on your thread honestly is doing so much damage to OCUK Brand. You only have to look at the Trust Pilot reviews.

I CAN HONESTLY SAY IF GIBBO DID THIS EVERY DAY SAME TOME WITH A TABLE ON THE WEBSITE SHOWING WHATS COMING IN OR EXPECTED A WEEK PLUS AWAY. I THINK HARDLY ANYONE WOULD BE IN THIS THREAD COMPLAINING AND THE DRIBS AND DRABS OF SPECULATIVE INFORMATION WE GET.

God, I thought that quote at the bottom came from @Gibbo 's thread and my heart leaped at the mention of EVGA...

All this this is spot on.

BTW OC is not the only place you can buy 3080-based prebuilts. So it's happening everywhere, not just OC (not defending OC btw)

Associate
competitor had some 3090 palits just now. they lasted the whole of 1 min before they were gone. I dont see the draw of the 3090 myself but obviously still popular
Yup but I reckon that for about every 2 cards sold by a competitor at least one person cancels an OC order!! The queues will get shorter faster than you think - me thinks anyway - as long as you are not literally watching the queue like watching a kettle to boil!!!

Associate
Its coming tomorrow so I wont Jinx it.

But damn all this mess made me re think how to purchase stuff for the future.

Regarding the Giga Gaming OC, Ill try my best to give ops. Abt thermals, power etc aswell.

So far we know, 5th 7th and 8th in the Q got shippment emails. Lets see if we have some more or I was the lucky last for this one.

Associate

Because.... if they post numbers of incoming stock then we, the punter, will smell a rat when the queue numbers don't tally due to OC putting some of that stock into new build systems ;):p:D

Associate
Make sure you are available to place an order for the RTX3070 on launch day, and stop being a sheep with wool all over your back! Order something a bit leftfield which you stand a chance of receiving. Instead of trying to go with the crowd aiming at the most popular card,try one of the lesser fancied ones - that's the trick to getting one.
exactly. take what you learned from here and be ready to pull the trigger on options from multiple retailers when the time comes. That should secure you a 3070. If demand is high which i expect it will be then expect OC to crash multiple times lmao ;)

Associate
Its coming tomorrow so I wont Jinx it.

But damn all this mess made me re think how to purchase stuff for the future.

Regarding the Giga Gaming OC, Ill try my best to give ops. Abt thermals, power etc aswell.

So far we know, 5th 7th and 8th in the Q got shippment emails. Lets see if we have some more or I was the lucky last for this one.

Have you had a Watchdogs code?

Associate

The issue here is not that they give more information, it's that you believe they do!

The issue is that there's an NDA from Nvidia on giving detailed information, so someone feeds you a snippit and you exaggerate it into total vision of the situation. I've seen the tables, and they're about as vague as its possible to get. A shipment from Asus expected wc 19/10 Doesn't tell you any figures any split or even which cards they think they will receive. In fact it doesn't actually tell you anything at all really, but the fact it's there gives people a peg to hang hope on.

Gibbo tells you the hard facts of what's actually comming in on a two three day time window with actual card details and an idea of quantity.

If you like though I can write you a chart like the competition with vague references here and there, and no hard facts at all, and it will be just about as useful as what others have done.

Permabanned
Can I honestly ask why is it that competitors in UK are able to give so much more information. Same time every day. And give break downs and have, and share knowledge of 3080s and 3090s expected 7+ days away will full set of tables updated same time everyday.

Holding hope every day for a crumb of information and getting one sentence being posted erratically on your thread honestly is doing so much damage to OCUK Brand. You only have to look at the Trust Pilot reviews.

I CAN HONESTLY SAY IF GIBBO DID THIS EVERY DAY SAME TIME WITH A TABLE ON THE WEBSITE SHOWING WHATS COMING IN OR EXPECTED A WEEK PLUS AWAY. I THINK HARDLY ANYONE WOULD BE IN THIS THREAD COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DRIBS AND DRABS OF SPECULATIVE INFORMATION WE GET.

This is the sort of detailed information given every day from elsewhere

If he did that people would no doubt find something else to winge about so why bother..."Give us queue positions" gets queue positions whinges about that... "Give us updates" gets updates whinges about that... As Take That once said "Have a little Patience"... Defo one thing people seriously lack these days... Don't like it go elsewhere... Can moan and whine as much as you like do you think they are really all that bothered just like any big company let me tell you something *whispers "they don't really care" ;)

Back
Top Bottom