• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
God, I thought that quote at the bottom came from @Gibbo 's thread and my heart leaped at the mention of EVGA...

All this this is spot on.

BTW OC is not the only place you can buy 3080-based prebuilts. So it's happening everywhere, not just OC (not defending OC btw)
Haha yeah sorry. I was quick to add a note above stating again this information is from elsewhere. As when I read it back I to would have felt "oh sweet information OCUK has just given" then to found out it's not so I've made a edit above.
It's just shocking to me. How this has been going.

Associate
God, I thought that quote at the bottom came from @Gibbo 's thread and my heart leaped at the mention of EVGA...

All this this is spot on.

BTW OC is not the only place you can buy 3080-based prebuilts. So it's happening everywhere, not just OC (not defending OC btw)

the other competitor seems to be clearing through their pre orders of cards with regular deliveries though, In fact they’ve stated they will have cleared theirs by mid November. Ocuk have taken sooo many pre orders and still are..

When you have an asus rep saying they’ve sent stock of the strix to ocuk but none have been sent out to paying customers of card orders it’s hard to swallow.

Associate
The issue here is not that they give more information, it's that you believe they do!

The issue is that there's an NDA from Nvidia on giving detailed information, so someone feeds you a snippit and you exaggerate it into total vision of the situation. I've seen the tables, and they're about as vague as its possible to get. A shipment from Asus expected wc 19/10 Doesn't tell you any figures any split or even which cards they think they will receive. In fact it doesn't actually tell you anything at all really, but the fact it's there gives people a peg to hang hope on.

Gibbo tells you the hard facts of what's actually comming in on a two three day time window with actual card details and an idea of quantity.

If you like though I can write you a chart like the competition with vague references here and there, and no hard facts at all, and it will be just about as useful as what others have done.
I disagree. They update every day with detailed information. Same time everyday. And when the cards haven't come in or delayed they update that too. You can only trust what they are saying as much as any retailer. But fact of the matter is. They are given written detailed info everyday. And they have chart tables etc. And I'm saying as a customer if I was to have purchased from this place I wouldn't be as concerned everyday about it as I am here. I would just check once everyday at the time they update everything and that's it. Where as here I'm having to check all the time.
I'm just saying. This is from my perspective, and I wouldn't be any where near as concerned if that's what OCUK did. And it's clear from trustpilot and these forums that this way is hurting OCUK brand. None of the other places have got terrible communication reviews like this place has since 3000 release.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, there's a decent sized shipment coming in ETA before the end of the month with a x2, x3 and x4. It's in the official updates thread :)

Thanks for the update. i managed to order one on the release day AT RRP (which was a surprise) as well as the water cooling block, cos i want to water cool my setup. the card has since gone up £150!!!!, as well as the block, which has gone up another £30.

Associate
Do you have any examples on this?
- it's a bit nicer page, but not much more info?
I would remove or edit your post asap mate naming competitors will get you banned fast. Trust me I've had a 2 day and a 4 day ban since 3000 cake out. First time was my fault second time was BS. So edit that link and name asap. And it does have a lot more info. If you click links and read the update and past updates everyday same time. And detailed info of stuff coming not just that day or couple days Infront but expected the next week too.
Other places have also stated numbers of purchases on each card, how many the company has ordered and how many so far received. So why can't The "biggest and best" OCUK do this.

Associate
Yeah honestly at this point OC are just damaging their reputation. I know I would think twice about using this site again.
Yep. And I've already purchased a new motherboard, more ram and will have my pre order in for the 5900x too elsewhere. I won't ever be buying from here again. Which is a shame. I will have to start buying Haribo myself now.

Associate
Yep. And I've already purchased a new motherboard, more ram and will have my pre order in for the 5900x too elsewhere. I won't ever be buying from here again. Which is a shame. I will have to start buying Haribo myself now.

Much the same, I am planning on my first 'expensive' build based around the 5900X and might have likely ended up using OC having used OC on and off for over a decade, I was quite happy with pre-ordering with the expectation that as it was a later one I would only get my card mid-late November(at current rates it'll be April next year) but the lack of clarity and seemingly the inability for OC to get stock other competitors have had no issue with has really soured me to the idea of spending any more of my money with OC.

Associate
The issue here is not that they give more information, it's that you believe they do!

The issue is that there's an NDA from Nvidia on giving detailed information, so someone feeds you a snippit and you exaggerate it into total vision of the situation. I've seen the tables, and they're about as vague as its possible to get. A shipment from Asus expected wc 19/10 Doesn't tell you any figures any split or even which cards they think they will receive. In fact it doesn't actually tell you anything at all really, but the fact it's there gives people a peg to hang hope on.

Gibbo tells you the hard facts of what's actually comming in on a two three day time window with actual card details and an idea of quantity.

If you like though I can write you a chart like the competition with vague references here and there, and no hard facts at all, and it will be just about as useful as what others have done.
The difference being the amount of customers actually getting their cards. Whats in these "vague" tables appears to align with what customers are saying. You only have to spend 5 mins on reddit etc to see how few have cards from OC

Look at trustpilot and compare the sea of red against the sea of green elsewhere. Sure they all have the exact same problems. OCUK are in the best position to secure stock first remember. So why are the others fairing better when by OCs promise to have more stock than elsewhere would suggest other places are getting less?

OC are dealing with this terribly. They are from what i've seen intelligent people so why oh why are they being so stupid? Business 101 this guys. Don't push your customers away.

Associate

Same, have been buying everything for a brand new build elsewhere because of this.

Although, where did you manage to pre-order a 5900x? Have seen placeholder pages, but nothing that lets me preorder. Resigned myself to being ready to hit F5 on various sites on the 5th. :D

Back
Top Bottom