What does the BBC's new serif font means for the 2020s?

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Personally, if they are going to do it I just wish they’d do it fully. Currently the main page is one typeface, the next then loads and it’s the new one. Something each time it loads makes me think I’ve some kind of connection issue as they look different.

Soldato
Things are starting to go full circle in terms of design. Flat and monochrome was once seen as modern but we might be moving back to a more fussy design language. It's like flares coming back into fashion.

I'm hoping flares come back into fashion so I can hide my RPG in an ankle holster.

Personally, if they are going to do it I just wish they’d do it fully. Currently the main page is one typeface, the next then loads and it’s the new one. Something each time it loads makes me think I’ve some kind of connection issue as they look different.

I've noticed that as well. Also, on the newly formatted pages, does the browser's 'back' button behave differently? If I press back, the page simply reloads itself. I have to press back twice to go back to the home page. Definitely a bug with the Beeb as the back button behaves normally elsewhere on the web.

Back
Top Bottom