• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Permabanned
The only chance to get the card is when people inf
That's not how any of this works.
Production is ramping up, the shipments of 10s were shipped either a month ago, right on release date, or by plane which limits the numbers.
As we go forward multiple orgs have already reported that we should be used to larger shipments next month.
Wow that woupd be so cool if true. Asus non OC TUF - can they produce 1000 in a week. I hope so.

TrM

TrM

Associate

Wow that woupd be so cool if true. Asus non OC TUF - can they produce 1000 in a week. I hope so.

if a company like pc partner (zotac) can make 400k graphic cards a month at full prodcuvtion i would expect asus to be able to do atleast that also so its poisble to to make a lot of gpu ina week altho that depends if they have enough gpu and vram modules to make them

Soldato

The limiting factor is Nvidia supplying them with GPUs. Then the manufacturer has to decide which products to make, and quite obviously, most of those GPUs will go to the most expensive products, given that everything is backordered and will sell like flies regardless of price/category. ASUS and others will prefer to sell higher margin products.

Associate

I'm in the same queue as you, sitting on ~600. I'm expecting my card to be through the end of November/beginning of Dec.
Either that or by that point it'll not be too hard to snap one up elsewhere.

Associate
I feel sorry for You guys, but I am only 999 in Q for TUF non-OC. If I knew at the beginning that OC will go first I would pay this extra £50. Now ~I have to wait for a miracle. I guess will be much easier to spot Unicorn on the street than RTX 3080 in my PC this year. I agree it is depressing. I am sure Asus has more than one factory, they could make both cards at the same time. I only hope that those 998 people in front of me will cancel the order :D.

Both cards are physically the same, the OC just has a different BIOS flashed on it.

Associate

Certainly looks like it's picking up. I'd be interested (even though I have no stake in it) to see how non-OC variants increase - given most are currently focussing on the OC cards

Associate
The limiting factor is Nvidia supplying them with GPUs. Then the manufacturer has to decide which products to make, and quite obviously, most of those GPUs will go to the most expensive products, given that everything is backordered and will sell like flies regardless of price/category. ASUS and others will prefer to sell higher margin products.

Except for the fact that Jensun himself says that there is no shortage of GPU chips and yields are very good.

Associate
Except for the fact that Jensun himself says that there is no shortage of GPU chips and yields are very good.
Sure, *now* maybe.
But that would only result in a big uptick in numbers arriving in a month.
There were clearly shortages in August and September limiting production, which feeds through to today's arrivals.

Associate
Nice increase on the MSI shipment front, I can only hope another large shipment for the Trios comes in soon and I might get lucky. Last know position 211.

Also I hope for all the other people waiting on different cards this being a good sign for ramping up of production

I'm not holding my breath just yet - currently queue position ~100

Gibbo said a Large followed by a Small shipment, at worst this is 85 units in total, at best 130 units.

That being said, Gibbo also confirmed that 10 units shipped to customers on the 15th October but I and many others only moved 7 queue positions - has anyone from OCUK explained this yet...??

I'm taking anything OCUK tells us with a liberal pinch of salt to avoid disappointment :rolleyes:

Associate
Big queue energy :D:D:D
Hopefully it'll be slightly revised/ improved by the time I get mine. I keep thinking about cancelling but realistically I've got 9 weeks until I can really get some solid down time to actually play anything for more than an hour or two. :rolleyes:
Probably better yields, better binning, but mostly drivers will be better.

Associate
Sure, *now* maybe.
But that would only result in a big uptick in numbers arriving in a month.
There were clearly shortages in August and September limiting production, which feeds through to today's arrivals.
Something was holding up production for certain but I'm less certain about the cause which no one has identified with any real certainty.

Associate

Oh they can for sure, but one limiting factor is that UK is not the priority. There is a full scale shortage in Nvidia's biggest market and country of origin. These issues will definitely be resolved in the US before the UK. That does not mean we can't get a few shipments here and there, but I don't expect the "shortage" to end anytime soon in Europe.

Associate
Oh they can for sure, but one limiting factor is that UK is not the priority. There is a full scale shortage in Nvidia's biggest market and country of origin. These issues will definitely be resolved in the US before the UK. That does not mean we can't get a few shipments here and there, but I don't expect the "shortage" to end anytime soon in Europe.
I think the home market thing is misguided, personally. We're not a tiny market proportionally, but we could lose out disproportionally, that's the sort of treatment that creates resentment, compared with 'it's bad everywhere'.

Soldato
I’m sure there’s a whole bunch of research possibilities on this forum for anyone taking a psychology degree. Most people come on and gripe a bit about the way they feel they have been treated by OC ( me included ) and to see if they can get any more info on when their expensive purchases are likely to turn up. Others seem to come here to criticise financial decisions, call people whiney ( for expecting to actually receive goods they have paid for ) complain about their syntax or bemoan their lack of education etc. Its easy to see how the US election is such a mess when a handful of people, that all want the same thing, come to this forum and still can’t be civil to each other.

i know this post wont change anything, and I’m fully expecting the kind of response that I have already mentioned, but is there any chance a little civility could break out?

I think there's some middle management kind of thinking as well. If I 'chase' this person for an update I think I'll get what I want quicker.

Associate
I'm not holding my breath just yet - currently queue position ~100

Gibbo said a Large followed by a Small shipment, at worst this is 85 units in total, at best 130 units.

That being said, Gibbo also confirmed that 10 units shipped to customers on the 15th October but I and many others only moved 7 queue positions - has anyone from OCUK explained this yet...??

I'm taking anything OCUK tells us with a liberal pinch of salt to avoid disappointment :rolleyes:
maybe someone ordered 2 cards? Or some dumb thing like they were supposed to be earlier in the queue but had other items in their order that they then cancelled. No clue I guess we're gonna need an official answer.

Back
Top Bottom