• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Watchdogs at 4K

Associate
Anyone really disappointed in the fact we buy top end cards like 3080 and still can’t really play 4K and good frames with all the bells and whistles running I’m getting like 45-60 FPS with a msi 3080 and 10700k it’s like soul destroying

Soldato
It's smooth no? I found it smooth, DLSS set to "quality", yes I hear you, the graphics vs the performance is not where it should be.

Visually impressive as the game sometimes is, somethings GTA V looks better when you're pegged to 60.

Associate
Its even worse performance after installing the performance patch and new Nvidia driver.

My 3090 with a +100 Core offset dropped from 2100 MHz to 2000 after installing that driver. Stuck the offset up to +200, back at 2100...

@OP, honestly, this is nothing new. You can look up reviews of old GPUs struggling to maintain 60 FPS at launch on titles released months or even years prior, let alone games released AFTER the GPU.

E.g. April 2004. 6800 Ultra playing Far Cry (released two weeks prior to the review)

1896.png
1895.png

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lower some settings someone posted a video of optimised settings that didn't really impact image quality but gave back a lot of fps.
Someone will be along shortly to say something along the lines of “you shouldn’t need to lower settings on a new card bla bla bla” :p

Soldato
In a way it’s kinda true in one way do we spend 800 on a new gpu and the same on 4K 144hz screen to turn **** down that’s why we buy a ps5 to have stuff turned down

Or one could say, why do game developers put in absolutely punishing settings that add very little visual uplift for massive impact. From that hardware unboxed video, get an easy 20% increase in FPS for little visual change over ultra. A few more tweaks and that goes up. The consoles while they will be powerful, will most certainly use lower level visuals also.

Soldato
The problem is not on the GPU, it's with CPU utilisation. It's very clear that for open world games the more they try to do in terms of NPC interactions & routines the harder it is to program and therefore we see even a 10900K at >5 Ghz not be able to keep up & stay above 60 fps. Whether it's just a matter of time as software develops, or if it's just these devs aren't good enough - who knows. But it's not your 3080 holding back 60 fps. :)

Associate
OP
Decent 1440 monitor is your answer ;)
The problem is not on the GPU, it's with CPU utilisation. It's very clear that for open world games the more they try to do in terms of NPC interactions & routines the harder it is to program and therefore we see even a 10900K at >5 Ghz not be able to keep up & stay above 60 fps. Whether it's just a matter of time as software develops, or if it's just these devs aren't good enough - who knows. But it's not your 3080 holding back 60 fps. :)
so basically the 10700k won’t hold up for much longer on new games

Pij

Pij

Associate
Just another day at the office for Ubisoft, I remember buying a 780ti that come with a free copy of the first Watch Dogs. It instantly maxed out the vram at 1080p without even putting things to the highest settings, in the end they patched the game and took out options so it would run without stuttering every 5 seconds.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Have you guys had a look to see at 4K if CPU utilisation is at 100%? I hardly ever see that. Will be interesting to see if new games finally start making use of the cpu at 4K.

Associate
I got a problem in this game, i can change every Setting but the FPS are the same allmost the same. I lose FPS with lower Settings........... got Asus Strix 3080 with newest Driver.

Back
Top Bottom