• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

16GB vram enough for the 6900XT? Discuss..

Associate
With the RTX3090 packing 24GB and games becoming more demanding on resources all the time, will 16GB vram be enough to make the AMD Radeon RX6900XT a card that will have decent longevity for a good few years to come and handle current games at the best settings?

Will next gen consoles 'capable' of 4k gaming change the way developers create their games, increasing texture resolutions and therefore making vram capacity even more important for GPU performance?

Last edited:
Associate
I think 16GB will be plenty for games for many years to come. I think the 24GB of VRAM is more suited for compute workloads, professional use etc

Soldato
Some butt hurt going round for NV fanboi's with NV gimping their cards, then that being twice confirmed, firstly with NV's own projected Ti's that got scrapped, and then secondly AMD going 12GB v 8GB (lol!) in the 70 class, and smashing the 3080's 10GB with 16GB VRAM on the 6800XT...

:D

Associate
Didn't stop Nvidia putting 10 on the 3080 unless you're saying they don't know what they're doing :p

They know what they're doing in extracting maximum profit.
No-one is saying the new cards are not great but they have less ram than the cards they are replacing from previous generation, when compared to 2080TI anyway..
Yea i know the 3080 isn't a TI, but it's the new gen thus should have at least as much available memory as the card it was compared with prior to launch.

Associate
They know what they're doing in extracting maximum profit.
No-one is saying the new cards are not great but they have less ram than the cards they are replacing from previous generation, when compared to 2080TI anyway..
Yea i know the 3080 isn't a TI, but it's the new gen thus should have at least as much available memory as the card it was compared with prior to launch.
Well that is just misleading. The 3080 replaces the 2080 which had 8GB.

Associate
No! It's not what we deserve as gamers. It's AMD ripping us off skimping on RAM, because they're greedy, we deserve more for $1000. If you'd asked the forum if that was enough for next gen cards 4 years ago you'd have been laughed off the forum. If you set Wolfenstein frame buffer to 20Gb then 16Gb vRAM is not enough, the game just crashes! WTF AMD!

/s

Back
Top Bottom