• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5800x 87c in Cinebench...

Associate
Hey guys! Just finished building my new system with a 5800x and 3070 (after a few headaches with bios flashing..)

I just tested in Cinebench and my CPU hit around 85-87. Is this anything to worry about? Is the Noctua UH12S capable of cooling this cpu effectively? It quickly dropped to mid 30s after the test.

Has anyone tested in Cinebench with this cpu and gotten similar temps?

Thanks in advance!

Associate
If that helps in any way hardware unboxed had a max temperature recorded on 5800x at 77° but they used Corsair AiO

Last edited:
Associate
It does appear to be a toasty chip, maybe because of the 8 cores on one chiplet, rather than 6/6+6 on the 5600/5900?

I've just built mine up today too, seen max 80c after an hour or so of gaming, and that's with a Dark Rock Pro 4 which should be one of the better air coolers available.

It has hit 4.8ghz on all 8 cores without any tweaking though, max of 1.475v too which probably explains some of it, assume just via normal boosting unless the default MSI bios settings are throwing more power at it than standard pbo. I'm new to the AMD stuff so still figuring out what's what!

Associate
found a different reviewer using noctua NH u12a and got max temp at 92° so guess u have no reason to be worried about it.

Associate
Is there any need to fiddle with windows power settings on the 5000 series? I've read about ryzen specific schemes on the previous gen but I don't seem to have that available, using latest AMD chipset drivers.

Soldato
Is there any need to fiddle with windows power settings on the 5000 series? I've read about ryzen specific schemes on the previous gen but I don't seem to have that available, using latest AMD chipset drivers.

You should have the power profiles in the power section of the windows control panel.

I use Ryzen balanced.

If they are not there well... its up to you if you want to try to uninstall and reinstall.

But be warned. I have had this screw up on me before. Disable any antivirus when you go about removing/installing the AMD chipset drivers as it can interferes with the install.

Associate
Nah I think these things just run toasty dude. I installed my 5900x yesterday and actually remounted it as it’s considerably hotter than my previous 3700x. I think that’s the nature of the beast though. That and the much higher 105w TDP. I’m using an h150i 360mm and I’m considering getting another 3 fans for the back of the radiator to see if I can drop temperatures even by a few degrees.

Associate
Ive seen that the new chips undervolt extremely well said someone from AMD ive just Bought a Wraith Spire RGB for mine as only using the chip for Gaming and light multitasking guess it will still run hot hopefully not any hotter than my GPU which hits like low 70's under Load.

Associate
Ive seen that the new chips undervolt extremely well said someone from AMD ive just Bought a Wraith Spire RGB for mine as only using the chip for Gaming and light multitasking guess it will still run hot hopefully not any hotter than my GPU which hits like low 70's under Load.
I have 0 problem with temps, matter of fact I find it cooler than my 3800X

Back
Top Bottom