• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
We have ventus X2 2080 now, it’s very good.
The 3090 though only delivers around 25% performance increase according the benchmarks I’ve seen, so it’s a big call value wise.

Just think forward.

If nvidia release a 3080ti or super in 12 months, you’ll be pretty cross. Unless of course money is no object?

Associate
Thanks for reply, money is always an issue but ive been without a pc for nearly two months due to psu blowing up the system so im kinda getting desperate :)
Can you not just get a lesser GPU to get you by whilst waiting? For example the 1660 super is a good card for up to 1440p (at a pinch) and you will get most of your money back if you resell it.

Associate
Can you not just get a lesser GPU to get you by whilst waiting? For example the 1660 super is a good card for up to 1440p (at a pinch) and you will get most of your money back if you resell it.
I agree, gpu hold a little bit of value. I was looking to get a 980 for an older build I was messing around with. They still going £100+

Associate
We have ventus X2 2080 now, it’s very good.
The 3090 though only delivers around 25% performance increase according the benchmarks I’ve seen, so it’s a big call value wise.

Just think forward.

If nvidia release a 3080ti or super in 12 months, you’ll be pretty cross. Unless of course money is no object?

25%? That's being kind. Most benches I have seen are closer to 15%

Associate
That's disappointing, I was hoping that small (15 cards) batch that came in last week was just an extra tacked onto the Trio batch and that they would still receive the OK batch of Ventus this week :(
Back to checking Gibbo's info thread for batch news :|
Wishful thinking my friend prepare for a week of radio silence

Associate
Morning
I have requested to cancel my order this morning for the msi trio
I was 213 in the queue.
I managed to get one yesterday and it's being delivered today
Good Luck everyone.

Associate
Looks like another place has cleared almost another 100 cards according to a table on their site across the Gigabyte range...What on earth is going on OCUK @GIGA-Man?!?!? Unless we get that kind of shift here this week you can kiss my hairy @$$ goodbye!!!

I feel pretty similar. Still waiting for my Eagle, even though I was only #125ish in the queue at the start I'm still only mid 60s in the queue.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get myself a 6800XT instead, but I don't want to cancel my 3080 order. I don't want to seem like a scalper, but I'll probably keep my 3080 order and sell it on (at price paid + delivery) since I ordered it for £650 from OcUK. If I cancel it then I'm basically just letting OcUK get another £100 since I'm sure they won't be refunding any money to people further down in the queue, and I don't really want to "reward" OcUK's poor service.

Associate
How long did it take for them to respond to your webnote as I put a webnote cancellation request in yesterday and it will be the last time I order as oclverclockers are a dog **** retailer that lies about being number 1 partner I doubt they are even number 3
Only took a few hours to get a response, but I didn't officially send out a cancellation request until today. I'm still waiting.

Back
Top Bottom