• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I hope your PC serves you well now ;) I'm still waiting for mye X TRIO.....

Yeah, big step up from RX 580. Taking me a while getting used to Nvidia driver settings. Had some niggles getting GEForce Experience working (auto applies graphics tweaks to certain games). Had to use DDU and re-install to get working.

New hardware takes a while to fully understand / appreciate I think. Assetto Corsa is amazing now. Went from 1080P around 60FPS to somewhere between 1440p and 4k at over 200fps all maxed, all reflections on, full grid. Not really the game to prove this new card on but impressed me.

Associate
Yeah, big step up from RX 580. Taking me a while getting used to Nvidia driver settings. Had some niggles getting GEForce Experience working (auto applies graphics tweaks to certain games). Had to use DDU and re-install to get working.

New hardware takes a while to fully understand / appreciate I think. Assetto Corsa is amazing now. Went from 1080P around 60FPS to somewhere between 1440p and 4k at over 200fps all maxed, all reflections on, full grid. Not really the game to prove this new card on but impressed me.

Also play Assetto Corsa! ARGH! Where is my card..! Can't wait

Associate
@ASUS GPU Support - So where did you disappear then? At least the Gigabyte guy is here trying.

Last I recall seeing Asus GPU Support guy was when he was giving out wrong information, then came back and corrected it and then never seen him since. Maybe he was let go? :p

If you are still around, what is the deal with ASUS TUF 3080? Can we expect a delivery before Cyberpunk 2077 is out? If so how many, no good just a single digit number.

Edit, just had a look and it says last seen October 6th. Maybe they did let him go, otherwise what was the point of him joining up and not bothering to be of any use? Just makes ASUS look worse, would be better not joining up if you are going to do that no? :D
Hi all, apologies for the slow responses, I've been on paternity leave so trying to sort a different type of launch. I'm trying to work through the backlog of posts and answer anything specific. Regarding stocks and especially the 3080's we do have more on the way and some good quantities, but still not enough to clear all the backorders I'm afraid. Please know we're doing all we can and looking into everything we can do to get your card to you all sooner.

Associate
Hi all, apologies for the slow responses, I've been on paternity leave so trying to sort a different type of launch. I'm trying to work through the backlog of posts and answer anything specific. Regarding stocks and especially the 3080's we do have more on the way and some good quantities, but still not enough to clear all the backorders I'm afraid. Please know we're doing all we can and looking into everything we can do to get your card to you all sooner.
Hi, how many gpu's for each model can we reasonably expect to see in say the next two weeks? I'm at position 139 for a TUF OC currently.

Associate

hi buddy

Firstly congrats on the new addition to the family!! <3

second any ideas on rough numbers and dates?

Associate

I think one of the questions we would like answered is what exactly is the cause of the low production quantities ?

Associate
I think the answers most people are looking for are timescales, as in what are they? Some more on the way could be a vague as they're leaving the manufacturing plant and still be weeks/months away from the reseller.

Associate
@GIGA-Man Congrats on the bundle of Joy dude!!! Polite request but could you please check @Gibbo definition on sizes of deliveries in his thread and work to those by any chance. It appears that you stated that a "very large" delivery was received into OC last week yet they only shipped 35 cards to customers in that queue and that is causing more questions/frustrations than answers...As always your help is appreciated!!! Very large is 100+ by his estimation 35 is "ok" by his estimation.

Associate
@GIGA-Man Congrats on the bundle of Joy dude!!! Polite request but could you please check @Gibbo definition on sizes of deliveries in his thread and work to those by any chance. It appears that you stated that a "very large" delivery was received into OC last week yet they only shipped 35 cards to customers in that queue and that is causing more questions/frustrations than answers...As always your help is appreciated!!! Very large is 100+ by his estimation 35 is "ok" by his estimation.
@ASUS GPU Support != @GIGA-Man :p

Associate
I think the answers most people are looking for are timescales, as in what are they? Some more on the way could be a vague as they're leaving the manufacturing plant and still be weeks/months away from the reseller.

inb4 they all arrive the day AMD's GPU's are meant to launch......

Associate

Congratulations!
You placed you pre-order about 9 months ago. First in the queue but still had to show great patience for the delivery.

I have to warn you, that the warranty sucks on those things. You can't send it back if it doesn't perform, and the manufacturer definitely won't accept it back into the factory.

It's one of the only products, though, which improves over time.

Associate

Firstly congratulations sir :)

If possible to get dates and figures for these incoming cards you'll likely save a lot of posts being generated and headache for those waiting as well as yourself!

Thanks

Associate
I ordered last week just before OCUK stopped taking anymore orders. I went for the Asus Strix OC hoping that as its is one of the more expensive cards the line might be short(er). No such luck, I'm 1270th in line. What surprised me is that 1270 x £900 is over £1.1 million in back ordered cards, and that is just one card, isnt there like 15 different 3080's? OCUK must have tens of millions in 3080 back orders alone. Just for comparison I'm just over 1000 in line for an AMD 5900X.

Back
Top Bottom