Whos gone from a Quest 1 to Quest 2 ?

Underboss
OP
I picked up a Quest back in April at the start of lockdown and had a lot of fun with it for a few months (other half thinking it was funny to film me playing beat saber aside..).
I ended up selling it on while prices were good but have always regretted it. I was going to grab one of these with the deal currently at the auction site with 8% off, it’s showing the deal is still valid until the 17th but I cannot get it to work, anyone else managed?

ive deleted ebay emails, is there a code ?

Associate
No it’s only through one specific seller I believe, I get confused with the rules here in regards to competitors but they have the laminated book of dreams.

Underboss
OP
ive sold my Quest 1 tonight
put on the bay for £210 and it went in 2 hours, I think everyone is getting desperate :p

Question to anyone who has sold one and posted it off, what is the whole weight of this thing ?

trying to get it fully insured , costs at least £20 via parcelforce ?
i only put £15 postage costs as i thought it be cheaper , i didn't consider the insurance cost !!! lol

Soldato
ive sold my Quest 1 tonight
put on the bay for £210 and it went in 2 hours, I think everyone is getting desperate :p

Question to anyone who has sold one and posted it off, what is the whole weight of this thing ?

trying to get it fully insured , costs at least £20 via parcelforce ?
i only put £15 postage costs as i thought it be cheaper , i didn't consider the insurance cost !!! lol

I sold a graphics card a few months back for £240 ish, cost £11 royal mail special delivery insured for upto £500 I think, you can check their prices.

Associate
I am surprised people with who went from Quest1 to Quest2 have good things to say. You guys must have smaller faces/heads with IPD <=69 !

I wished I had stayed with my Q1 and for my 70 iPD, I found the FOV to be smaller and harder to get that sweet spot.

I sold my Quest 1 just before Q2 came out. My plan was to also sell the Rift-S as well after side by side comparisons using the link cable with Q2, I have to keep the Rift-S for now because I am not fully sold on the Q2. I have to use lens inserts or glasses so maybe not having a good eyesight and some astigmatism impacts my love for Quest 2.

On a side note, I have the Elite strap + battery unopened from from amazon. Should I just return it back incase Oculus makes some changes to the Elite strap?.

Soldato
I am surprised people with who went from Quest1 to Quest2 have good things to say. You guys must have smaller faces/heads with IPD <=69 !

I wished I had stayed with my Q1 and for my 70 iPD, I found the FOV to be smaller and harder to get that sweet spot.

I sold my Quest 1 just before Q2 came out. My plan was to also sell the Rift-S as well after side by side comparisons using the link cable with Q2, I have to keep the Rift-S for now because I am not fully sold on the Q2. I have to use lens inserts or glasses so maybe not having a good eyesight and some astigmatism impacts my love for Quest 2.

On a side note, I have the Elite strap + battery unopened from from amazon. Should I just return it back incase Oculus makes some changes to the Elite strap?.

Do you wear glasses while using the Quest 2?

There have been some reports on Reddit about people getting bad Quest 2s with bad lenses. Might be worth checking out. It's just odd that at 70mm you are having a worse experience than the Rift S. As the Quest 2 supports 68mm but the Rift S only goes up to 65.5mm.

Did your Quest 2 get the V23 update yet? It makes a big difference to using the link on the Quest 2.

Associate
Do you wear glasses while using the Quest 2?

There have been some reports on Reddit about people getting bad Quest 2s with bad lenses. Might be worth checking out. It's just odd that at 70mm you are having a worse experience than the Rift S. As the Quest 2 supports 68mm but the Rift S only goes up to 65.5mm.

Did your Quest 2 get the V23 update yet? It makes a big difference to using the link on the Quest 2.

I do wear glasses. I did the checks on reddit and it does not appear I am having the same issues reported.

I think the biggest issue for me is the size of the Quest 2. Maybe I have a fat head!, the hmd is so small I can see the arc black borders to the sides without much of an effort and that makes it feel like I am looking through binoculars. Yes I agree the text is a lot clearer than the Rift-S but the binocular view just ruins it for me.

Soldato
I do wear glasses. I did the checks on reddit and it does not appear I am having the same issues reported.

I think the biggest issue for me is the size of the Quest 2. Maybe I have a fat head!, the hmd is so small I can see the arc black borders to the sides without much of an effort and that makes it feel like I am looking through binoculars. Yes I agree the text is a lot clearer than the Rift-S but the binocular view just ruins it for me.

Using the mvhstudios headset, you can actually remove the facial interview and bring the headset closer to your face, increases fov etc. But you need to block light some other way. I've tried it, and it's nice, but I preferwith the facial interface myself.

Associate
Using the mvhstudios headset, you can actually remove the facial interview and bring the headset closer to your face, increases fov etc. But you need to block light some other way. I've tried it, and it's nice, but I preferwith the facial interface myself.

I played around with removing the facia interface but I can't get close enough because I need to wear glasses or use a lens insert. I guess I have to just live with it.

Soldato

Do you use the Glasses spacer? I know this seems counter intuitive, but, for position 3 if you move further away from the lenses it reduces the binocular effect.

Back
Top Bottom