• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
About 4 units? I have been 5th since launch and got update last Friday to say I was 3rd
all I know is I was 3rd and got the card delivered on Monday last week. And the person in #339 randomly got their card too (so we'd assumed 1-3 and them because they'd given a fun favour to someone at OC or something idk)

Associate
I wonder who is going to be the last person on here to get their card? I suspect a large number at the thousands end of the queue will end up getting cards elsewhere, long before they turn up at OC, but either way there has to be a “last”, right? Will be interesting to see when that occurs.

wont be me, our MSi 3080 Gaming ( ordered from OC ) turned up a while ago now, along with game code and Harribos. I was going to start this post with “ you lot still here?” But having suffered the pain of the OC torture system I couldn’t be so cruel.

its worth the wait BTW.

Hang in there.

Associate
The waiting is over for me. I did get one elsewhere. Order will be cancelled. One less in the queue for ASUS Tuf non-OC. Good luck to everyone.

Associate
China had a major holiday first two weeks of October. Let's say they then ramped up production and by the end of October a container ship set sail for Europe. Well that takes about six weeks to get here, shipping from China is about six weeks for most things. So the earliest we could expect anything is mid December. If my position in the queue doesn't move significantly by then I'll just cancel my order assuming something is very wrong somewhere

Associate
all I know is I was 3rd and got the card delivered on Monday last week. And the person in #339 randomly got their card too (so we'd assumed 1-3 and them because they'd given a fun favour to someone at OC or something idk)

pulling names from a hat? I suspect they just used the now infamous OC branch of maths. 1,2,3,339,10, A few, 4, 7, an ok amount, 5000000

Associate
China had a major holiday first two weeks of October. Let's say they then ramped up production and by the end of October a container ship set sail for Europe. Well that takes about six weeks to get here, shipping from China is about six weeks for most things. So the earliest we could expect anything is mid December. If my position in the queue doesn't move significantly by then I'll just cancel my order assuming something is very wrong somewhere

Doesn't explain Asus considering they promised air freight...

Associate
Pp377u

Once and exact same time
:D I recall one Christmas about 4 or 5 years ago we received 2 amazon kindles from Argos - that we hadn't ordered but were addressed to us by name, good old Santa. I can't see Santa calling anywhere this year as it was probably him that spread Covid last Christmas going house to house :mad:

Associate
Has there been any update from gigabyte in a while? Was like 300ish in the queue for eagle oc last I checked. Just wondering if things started to pick up or not

Associate
pulling names from a hat? I suspect they just used the now infamous OC branch of maths. 1,2,3,339,10, A few, 4, 7, an ok amount, 5000000

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if someone got their email friday saying

Dear [User]

Thank you for your pre-order for the Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card on order 586****.

You are currently in queue position close to large amount. Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position.

Associate
Cancelled yesterday, going for a amd full build risk the drivers and re queue for the 6900xt, wont be getting it here though that's for sure. First and last purchase.

Associate
Well just bagged myself a 3070 FE so that will do for now. TUF OC order will be cancelled when it gets here by the end of the week! Good luck everyone :)

Signing out.

Back
Top Bottom