• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Corona limits imports a bit alongside demand is insane and
we will have limited cards everywhere until AIB can unleash their stack.
Everyone wants the Nvidia Killer cards

Soldato
The product page not being up at some stores isn't about an NDA... there are sites with legit product pages already. It's anti-scalper measures.

8 Pack mentioned in another thread (which seems to be deleted now) that they "are not allowed to list them yet" due to an embargo. I'd agree though on reasoning - whether it's through an NDA/embargo or not - that it's likely an anti-scalper/bot measure from AMD.

Pet Northerner
Don
I have a 3080 and a 3090 coming tomorrow, I had a 3080 XC3 which i sold for the same price i bought the 3080 FE for, but then NVIDA had founders edition 3090's in stock yesterday so i got one of them, not sure which to keep, i have 1440p 165hz monitor

do you hit 165 fps with the 3080 on games you like? If so you keep that.

Soldato
There's plenty of excellent ultra wides that aren't 4k but I'm not seeing your point here, most people are never going to consider a 3090 due to the huge mark up, 1440p and lower just might matter to them...
I'm running a 49inch samsung 5120 x 1440 120hz and a lot of the new games will not do 120 frames even with sli of two 3090s that support sli or mGPU (I have 2 x3090s) , basically is almost 4k, minus 1 million pixels, 2560 x 1440p is silly on a 3090 unless you have a really high frame rate monitor but I wouldn't be investing in a 3090 for 2560 x 1440p, even on my 3440 x 1440p it was wasted that's why I got the 49inch to make good use out of them.

I'm more a ultra settings guy than frame rates too, so depends really on your needs.

Last edited:
Associate
Seems totally ridiculous at this stage for an NDA to hold influence over retailers to even put up product pages or for reviews to be released.
NDA on listings makes sense. Gives humans a better chance while the bots aren't programmed, but reviews seems like a BS move. People rushing to buy their cards, but not allowed to take a proper look first. Review NDAs should always be allowed prior to sales.

Soldato
NDA on listings makes sense. Gives humans a better chance while the bots aren't programmed, but reviews seems like a BS move. People rushing to buy their cards, but not allowed to take a proper look first. Review NDAs should always be allowed prior to sales.

Then if you bag a card and the review are pants you just return it under Distance Selling regulations, simples.

Associate
Then if you bag a card and the review are pants you just return it under Distance Selling regulations, simples.
I know that you can return it no questions asked (although other countries consumer protection might not be so customer centric).

But it's a disingenuous tactic, the scarcity in the market ATM means it will sell out instantly so companies can dump on the consumer and deny them information so they buy half blind. Plus even if people regret it and return next day, it exacerbates the scarcity as some portion of cards will be travelling up and down the country in distribution centres rather than going into rigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom