Parabolic disk/LNB and connection

Associate
Hi all. The house I moved in has got a parabolic disc and LNB installed. What is confusing me is the fact that there are 2 cables. I am not familiar with this so I would like to know if someone can pop in this thread and help me out understanding why there are two cables? The receivers I have looked at only have 1 connection LNB in if I remember correctly.
Thank you.

Soldato
Hi all. The house I moved in has got a parabolic disc and LNB installed. What is confusing me is the fact that there are 2 cables. I am not familiar with this so I would like to know if someone can pop in this thread and help me out understanding why there are two cables? The receivers I have looked at only have 1 connection LNB in if I remember correctly.
Thank you.
2 cables is for 2 different connections. You can get oct LNBs which have as the name suggests 8 connections. Or have I misunderstood what your question was?

Soldato
The 2 cables simply mean you can run 2 receivers from one dish. Whether that's 2 standalone receivers or 2 tuners in 1 receiver.

Associate
Shotgun cable (double barrelled) is specifically aimed at Sky receivers which do have 2 tuners in the one box. This enables you to view one channel whilst recording another.

Back
Top Bottom