Sold a PS4 without removing my account, help please!

Soldato
Hi all,

I just sold my PS4 on ebay and before I send it I did a factory reset, thinking this would wipe everything, including my account from it.

The guy that has bought it message me initially asking for my email and password so he can login to remove the account. Obviously I'm not happy with that, but I managed to login to my PS account online and have 'deactivated' my link with that console. I told him this, thinking that he would now be able to delete the account, but he replied:

"When I log into my account is says your account has to be confirmed as family manager before you can go online"

What is he on about? How can I fix this for him from my end, or what does he need to do? I have no family set up on my account, it's only ever been me using it.

Soldato
OP
He has now said:

"Nope doesn’t let me go online untill the family manager accepts. I need to go on your account and deactivate I think of factory reset it from that account"

I'm now worried he's trying to trick me into getting logged into my account. I've asked him to email me photos of the messages he is getting, at least I'll know if he's being truthful or not.

Don
He has now said:

"Nope doesn’t let me go online untill the family manager accepts. I need to go on your account and deactivate I think of factory reset it from that account"

I'm now worried he's trying to trick me into getting logged into my account. I've asked him to email me photos of the messages he is getting, at least I'll know if he's being truthful or not.

Could he facetime you or something and you see him doing it? I'm pretty sure he should be able to wipe it but then if its a family member account they are pretty restricted.

Back
Top Bottom