• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

You lot are all boring! Come on where's the Ryzen 5*** benches?

Soldato
are you talking about real game benchmarks or synthetic?

synthetics are mostly free but then doesnt have much correlation to real world gaming performance. things like R20 may show 10% difference between one part to another but that doesnt translate to 10% across all games.

in terms of gaming benchmarks, it means people need to have those games. not everyone has the money or willingness to get all the current AAA titles, and also not every one of those games has a benchmark mode either. so to do gaming benchmarks is quite hardwork, thats why most people watch youtube and scour the web for reviews.

Soldato
OP
It was abit tongue-in-cheek really. Over the last 20-years or so inc the old forum, always had people posting at least synthetic benchmarks.

Those 5950x are expensive, no one with Elgatos?

Soldato
It was abit tongue-in-cheek really. Over the last 20-years or so inc the old forum, always had people posting at least synthetic benchmarks.

Those 5950x are expensive, no one with Elgatos?

Lol :D

I think it's obvious even from the small amount of CB20 and CB23 scores posted so far........................next to nobody has actually got a Ryzen 5 yet.
I get fed up of just looking at the cpu section day by day and seeing that peeps have moved 2 places up or 10 places down in a que of 1200 or whatever.

When Ryzen 5000 is properly released and you can order one day and have it delivered the next, also at £750 for a 5950x......................................then we will see the wheat from the chaf.

Soldato
The question is, what the hell are you doing with a 5800x and 2080ti running 1080p...............................i hope to god the benchie was just run for fun ?
It seems all the new CPUs are only capable of running games at 1080p :p
...comparison done to show how an 8 core AMD nets more frames and less power usage than an Intel 10 core.

Personally I havent gamed (other than benchmarks) at 1080p since around 2006.
3440x1440 all the way. Will run one on a proper resolution today

Soldato
Have you not checked the cinebench threads or the curve optimiser one ? Plenty of benchmarks in there ??? :p

The question is, what the hell are you doing with a 5800x and 2080ti running 1080p...............................i hope to god the benchie was just run for fun ?

If you check out some of the benchmark threads in the Graphics section you will see most have 1080p sections and in particular the Superposition one is also done at 1080p Extreme IIRC. Look at the different cards used there.

Nowt wrong with benchmarking 1080p with that hardware I do it myself just to see the difference over when I had 1080p in the past even though I game at 1440p now.

:)

Soldato
3440x1440, highest settings. As games are supposed to be played (I did disable Gsync for this though - without Gsync, gaming is horrible)

Surprisingly the CPU takes a battering on all cores at the same time. I guess the key is keeping the FPS lows as high as possibly. Down to 55fps, must upgrade to a 3080 or 3090!

P5YWcz3.jpg.png

2rxUpZK.jpg.png

jdnBPI7.png

Ecd6sYG.png

Associate
The whole point of running low res it avoid having a GPU bottleneck so you can measure how well the CPU/MEM/Fabric are tuned and performing. Being 100% GPU bound make that pretty useless.

Soldato
My 5950x, 64GB of ram and 3090 are genuinely running a 22" 60hz 1080p monitor haha... wish LG would get my monitor back in stock -.-

I'll do some air cooled benchies before i start the watercooling journey tonight.

Back
Top Bottom