iPad Air or Pro from 5th generation?

Man of Honour
My mrs has either 5th Gen iPad with 32GB of storage. She's always running out of storage due to iPlayer/Plex/Prime videos for when she's working away (she's cabin crew). Would the current Air with be a decent upgrade for her? I figure it's better to get the one with more storage which brings the Pro into question as I would think 128GB is ample.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I imagine it depends on whether she'd appreciate Pro Motion or not and whether she can get away with 64GB.
She's not technical at all so probably not, and I know she wouldn't take any pictures on it. I would imagine twice the storage she has now would be a decent bump.

Soldato
She's not technical at all so probably not, and I know she wouldn't take any pictures on it. I would imagine twice the storage she has now would be a decent bump.

You don't need to be technical to 'see' Pro Motion. The display will just be a lot smoother than the 60hz screen of the Air.

Man of Honour
OP
I've gone for the Air 256GB from Currys. She'll prefer Rose Gold over Space Grey or Silver (or the Pro Screen).

Last edited:
Associate
I've been wrestling with this - as soon as you add storage to the Air, you enter Pro territory.

But then do you wait till March for the refreshed Pro?

... And this is why I still don't have one!

Man of Honour
OP
I've been wrestling with this - as soon as you add storage to the Air, you enter Pro territory.

The Air was £699 from Currys, otherwise I think I'd have gone for the Pro.

Soldato

Will they be releasing a new ipad pro next year? Cycle is a bit strange 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020 yearly updates for it is too soon no for the price, no?

The apple tax on reasonable storage is so frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom